What Life Stands for?

1. ThyUrbanMonk8 profile image60
    ThyUrbanMonk8posted 4 years ago

What Life Stands for?

What Life is to you , in words,on a paragraph.

2. SidKemp profile image94
    SidKempposted 4 years ago

Life is, for me, an opportunity to dance in a flow of Divine Love and Wisdom. Where there is harmony, there is no harm.

Life does not "stand for" anything. Life is, when it stands still, and when it flows. Let us not wait for meaning or find meaning. We are creative creatures: Let us create meaning for the specifics of our lives as we do what we do.

3. profile image51
    TTaylor3418posted 4 years ago

King Solomon gathered enormous wealth and pursued pleasure but found that those things brought no lasting sense of purpose. He identified what brought real purpose in life when he wrote: “The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments. For this is the whole obligation of man.” (Ecclesiastes 12:13) What does keeping God’s commandments involve?

Part of God’s purpose for us is that we enjoy life. Solomon wrote: “With a man there is nothing better than that he should eat and indeed drink and cause his soul to see good because of his hard work. This too I have seen, even I, that this is from the hand of the true God.”—Ecclesiastes 2:24.

Additionally, Jesus had no doubt about the purpose of his life. He said: “For this I have been born, and for this I have come into the world, that I should bear witness to the truth.” (John 18:37) Jesus spent his life teaching people the truth about God and His purposes.

Our life will take on real meaning if we follow Jesus’ example. In fact, Jesus invites us to learn from him. (Matthew 11:29)