With the devil in charge - where do you think you will reside after departing th

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (20 posts)
  1. taburkett profile image58
    taburkettposted 10 years ago

With the devil in charge - where do you think you will reside after departing the physical world?

With all the anti-Christ activity abound, the devil is definitely in charge of a large number of individuals.  So, do you believe this is the Hell-on-Earth that the anti-Christians have been praying for.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7502068_f260.jpg

2. Lady Guinevere profile image66
    Lady Guinevereposted 10 years ago

I don't believe in the devil or Satan or the end of the world.  I will reside out of my present body and will go to a place where I can review what I have done in this life and what I would like to work on in the next one if I choose to come back to this Earth or someplace else.  I have already visited my personal resting place and have come back. The body is truly a heavy burden but is a vehicle for learning to help others, not a vehicle to use as a sword to judge others.  Everyone has these things in common and will learn about them in their own time and in their own way that they can understand.

taburkettposted 10 years agoin reply to this

In every evaluation, including your comment here, judgment is utilized by the individual making the statement.  Everyone is not common, but a unique set of personal variables that when viewed by others provides a basis for evaluation.

Lady Guinevereposted 10 years agoin reply to this

We all learn and that is the commonality.

3. JMcFarland profile image70
    JMcFarlandposted 10 years ago

I just want to point out that there is a very distinct difference between an atheist and an anti-theist, or as you like to say "anti-christians".  Lumping all atheists into one category or group and labeling us as "anti-christians" simply because we disagree with your own personal beliefs/religion is like saying that the only 'true" christians are ones whose doctrines line up exactly with yours - which is the "no true Scottsman" logical fallacy.

You seem to read between the lines using your own interpretation of the question being asked.  Anti-Christians are many things and so may include what you have stated.  However, history has shown that Anti-Christians exist in many world corners.

4. Ericdierker profile image46
    Ericdierkerposted 10 years ago

I work in the periphery of law and hard core in crisis intervention. My business card reads "problems resolution". I work with SEC registered stock corps to sole proprietor nails salons, to husbands and wives to gang issues ----- but only when there is a problem. The problems are 80% failure to communicate and properly plan. 10% legal and 10% the economy.

I know the devil on my left shoulder and I see the devil in others. But bottom line is the devil is in the details. The devil is not a "living being" but a dead one that we resurrect. He is there in our DNA but we must conjure him up within ourselves.

The Devil cannot be in charge as he can only work through us. You let Evil run your life baby, bad on you, but it only gives me an opportunity to shine my light of love and defeat that which is in your a wrong ----- not you.

I played football, I downhill skied, ran cross country, played baseball and basketball competitively. I have been preaching and serving for years. It is just in me to compete against the devil within every man.

Two lawyers oppose each other in court, the devil and me. I will defeat the devil. I will Advocate against evil. The Judge will make a ruling.

you are correct - we as law abiding members of the society must demand justice.  we must work as a solid team to eliminate terror from the world.

5. Disappearinghead profile image61
    Disappearingheadposted 10 years ago

There is no evidence whatsoever for there being a devil in charge of anything. I do not believe a devil or demons exist based upon the fact that the Hebrew Scriptures do not mention a rebellious arch-fiend of God or demons. These things are derived from Jewish superstition because they were looking for explanations for evil, bad things happening to good people, sickness, disease, and mental illness. The Church took on board these superstitions and enhanced them whilst the Jewish community abandoned them over the centuries.

Where I end up after death depends upon God's grace.

The evidence is found on the street in Boston, in the erupting countries of Afghanistan, Algeria, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, and Pakistan.  We shall either eliminate these devils or they will eliminate us.

So taburkett that would mean that everyone on the planet that does not succumb to a GOD that U choose or the Christianity chooses is of the Devil?  Hogwash!!! Pedophiles of the Catholic church rank high on my list, not other countries.

3. taburkett profile image58

Lady Guinevere - your emotional commotion traverses only a sliver of the devil operatives.  For you religion is a battle ground where attacks continue to spew only anti-Christ rhetoric.  Peace is possible in people that  follow the 10  commandments

4. profile image0
      Deborah Sextonposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Jewish superstition? Even though today's Jews most of them, do not believe in the Serpent that wasn't true in Biblical days. Their seed and human seed mixed and when the flood came, Noah and his family were the only ones not mixed with the seed

6. renegadetory profile image60
    renegadetoryposted 10 years ago

To the best of my understanding (based on scripture) the devil is not "in charge" of earth, God is always in charge and the book of Job exemplifies how Satan can only do what God allows him to do.  That's right, Satan must ask for permission.  Second, Satan is not God so he can only be in one place at one time.  Can he influence many people? Certainly, but as for any "control" over any individuals, it would only be limited to one. 

By hell on earth, I am unsure if you referring to the "end days" mentioned in scripture?  If so, the final days when God's wrath is poured out on the earth has nothing to do with ungodly people praying for it to happen, but rather, a specific time-line of events as described by Christ in the Gospels and in the book of Revelation (I won't bother to go into detail).

I still find it rather sad that people continue to attribute far more power to Satan than what he actually has.

1. Lady Guinevere profile image66

Revelations was written in 79 AD and it about the Eruption of Mount Vesuvius and cannot be used as a sword to get people to be in a religion.  Scriptures about this are halfway down this page: http://www.bible-history.com/resource/ff_vesu.htm

2. renegadetory profile image60
      renegadetoryposted 10 years agoin reply to this

My reference to the book of Revelation was to its listing of events leading to the events surrounding the second coming of Christ as a futurist interpretation of Revelation, not a means of scaring people into a religion

3. Lady Guinevere profile image66

I understand that, just dont have much room to write everything down.  Religions use it as a form of mass controlling and fear mongering..not U.

4. taburkett profile image58

I find it troubling that people do not recognize the multiple devils in human form who desire to destroy the world.  God may be fighting only one devil, but the world is fighting many more than that.

5. profile image0
      Deborah Sextonposted 10 years agoin reply to this

The book of Revelation is from the mystical Jewish writings, and is called in the Hebrew language “Torat ha Sod”. It is from the Hebrews not Italians. Don't believe everything you read

7. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 10 years ago

Who says the devil is in charge. People are in charge of their own thoughts and actions.
    After my final death, after all reincarnations I'll be on earth where the other Children of God will be.
    No, this is not hell on earth because hell is the grave
    I am not anti-christian just anti the doctrine.
    I am Jewish and believe what is in the Tanakh not the bible. I do interpret the bible though

To those who spoke of Revelations
    The book of Revelation is from the mystical Jewish writings, and is called in the Hebrew language “Torat ha Sod”.  It cannot be properly interpreted without an understanding of the concepts and terminology involved in this form of study and writing.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)