jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Who has had a moment of pure epiphany? What were you doing and what was it about

1. CroftRoan profile image81
    CroftRoanposted 4 years ago

Who has had a moment of pure epiphany? What were you doing and what was it about?

I had this moment when I first started writing and coincidentally during a Harry Potter movie.

2. Emanate Presence profile image77
    Emanate Presenceposted 4 years ago

CroftRoan,

Drawn to your question, I visited your profile. Your username and hubs are intriguing. I am interested to read about your epiphany!

To try to address your question, I am considering the phrase, 'a moment of pure epiphany.'

Well, in a nutshell, yes to the first part.

I have experienced several epiphanies, over the years. Wait just a minute while I look up the word 'epiphany.' Be right back.

Okay, here is one definition, 'Epiphany (Koine Greek: ἐπιφάνεια, epiphaneia, "manifestation", "striking appearance")[1] or Theophany[2] (Ancient Greek (ἡ) Θεοφάνεια, Τheophaneia meaning "vision of God"),[3] which traditionally falls on January 6, is a Christian feast day that celebrates the revelation of God the Son as a human being in Jesus Christ.'

Oh! Well that is news to me. And I am guessing it is not what you meant.

In a broader sense, if epiphany can be applied to extraordinary experiences of expanded awareness, then my earlier statement still stands. I have had several this lifetime, and none while under the influence of hallucinogens.

Since there were several occasions, I was doing different things. And to tell what they were about would more than fill this answer space, though I'd be glad to share.

Some were at times of making difficult choices, when I was at a crossroads.

Some were under very difficult circumstances, and were a flash of light in the darkness.

Some were when I let go of resistance and relaxed into trust.

Some were very non-dramatic, more like a dawning realization. They can seem very small insights, yet have the effect of a full-blown epiphany.

As an example, just this week I pondered about letting go of resistance. In a conversation with myself, I asked, 'Resistance towards what?' The answer came, 'It is not a question of resistance towards anything in particular, but any type of resistance.'

With this realization, I have become more aware of how pervasive resistance has been in my life, and am more aware now when my body contracts subtly at the first hint of resistance. Letting go more freely, I also expand more readily into an encompassing view of life.

Some epiphanies were spontaneous, out of the blue.

Some occur in the stage between sleep and wakefulness and are real experiences in the subtle planes.

Now, how about you?

3. CroftRoan profile image81
    CroftRoanposted 4 years ago

It's a pleasure to meet you Emanate Presence!
    For my moment, I don't even remember what I was thinking of or if I was even thinking of anything. I just let my mind go wherever it wanted because I had seen Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire too many times to count and my mom was talking on the phone right next to me so I couldn't pay attention to the movie above that. Something jut snapped together in my head and I ran to the family computer. I wrote a six page story called Queen's Incarnate. The story was loosely based off of an imaginary world I had as a kid. Despite how goofy it is compared to my other works I still love it as my first story.
    I've had a few more epiphanies since then but nothing as near and dear to my heart as this one.

1. Emanate Presence profile image77
      Emanate Presenceposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for telling the story! This type of aha! moment is fun. You know the song, 'The Rose - Some say love...'? It was written like this.

4. lburmaster profile image85
    lburmasterposted 4 years ago

They happen maybe once a year about difficult situations. Something I didn't see in a situation suddenly appears out of the blue and stops me in my tracks making me go "woah". Then I have to think what to do about the revelation. It could be during a drive, walking to get the mail, in the shower, cooking dinner, anywhere.

5. Lisa Luv profile image78
    Lisa Luvposted 4 years ago

I have had some very strong ones, especially two that stick out in my mind because they were both at life threatening times. 
    Although I have through my life had many, which have given me my personal growth.
    The two strong ones were lessons I will never forget, not only because they had to do with almost loosing my life, but were also answers to questions I had been asking in a soul searching way.
    The first one was when I was drowning in Hawaii. 
    The second was when I was alone with no one to hear my cries for help as I lay on ice in the frigid cold, in shock, and battling hypothermia as I lay there with a broken almost severed arm.
    The first question answered in the drowning experience was “Do I have enough faith that I need in GOD?”  The answer as I went limp and gave my will up to GOD was yes I do!”
    The second questioned answered while lying there alone on the ice with practically nothing on was “Does JESUS really exist and does HE really come when you call on HIM?”  The answer after being lifted in suspension to be put in a better rescue location and with someone finally showing up to rescue me with many more miracles happening to save me and my arm, was a big “YES”  JESUS does exist, “YES” HE does come when you call on HIM!

1. CroftRoan profile image81
      CroftRoanposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Those are both very traumatic events. And by he fact that you're still here and sending your personal experiences out to the world God obviously cares about you.

2. Lisa Luv profile image78
      Lisa Luvposted 4 years agoin reply to this

That is such a nice thing to say... I laugh sometimes that I should not ask such questions...because he gives me a run for my money with the answers sometimes ...lol

working