This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (14 posts)

Is church the first thing that you think of every Sunday morning ?

1. loveofnight profile image79
    loveofnightposted 5 years ago

Is church the first thing that you think of every Sunday morning ?

Each of us go throughout our days in different ways, some days have a greater impact then others. Is Sunday morning time to get ready for church or just another day to you ?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8010687_f260.jpg

2. MickS profile image72
    MickSposted 5 years ago

No, it doesn't matter what day it is, the first thing on my mind any morning, upon waking,  is relieving my bladder and evacuating my bowel.

loveofnightposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I did forget that this is one of the things that I do first as well......funny

3. lburmaster profile image84
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Not really. It's the day of rest. I honestly think "It's Sunday" and breathe a sigh of relief. Usually the day is spent studying and cleaning the house and pampering.

sounds like me....

4. d.william profile image65
    d.williamposted 5 years ago

It is Not.  Nor is any other day of the week.  Organized religions are the farthest thing from my thoughts every day of the week. 
    It is, however, the one day of the week that we are relatively free of telemarketers, and other pests that haunt us the other 6 days of the week. And those who do dare to call us begging for something do not deserve even the most basic respect - so i simply hang up on them.
    So, Sunday is special only in the fact that it is the one day of the week free from outside interferences.

5. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

It's not just another day but I don't think about church either. I prefer to have my dealings with god daily without the circus or the middleman.
    Early I think about champagne brunch or going out for breakfast, leisurely going through the newspaper, take in a matinee movie, possibly attend an outdoor event if the weather is nice, BBQ, watch sports if there is a team I'm interested in, and gradually wind down as Sunday night is for the most a "school night". :-)

6. someonewhoknows profile image75
    someonewhoknowsposted 5 years ago

This question seems to be to invite those who go to church.Which is not what I do on Sunday.

The bible makes a reference to a day of rest which the Jewish religion says is Saturday rather than Sunday.

In western tradition Saturday has been a day of partying and letting off steam.That is what many do on Saturday night especially and even into Sunday morning for some. So,for them it's a day of rest from the rest of the week.

I can see how you saw that, although it was not my intention.

7. IslandBites profile image89
    IslandBitesposted 5 years ago

No............

It is just another day,.

8. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Yes, church is usually the first thing I think of. My husband was a pastor for many years (retired now) and so getting ready for church was a big part of our lives--making sure he had his sermon and everything he needed to take with him. 

I still think about church on Sunday mornings when I open my eyes.  I can't go anymore (right now) because I can't walk up the stairs, but I still think about it, and whether my husband will be going and get to sit with our grandchildren (and their parents of course!)

9. JimTxMiller profile image78
    JimTxMillerposted 5 years ago

It used to was, and then I gave up going to church. My Sundays are ever so much better now! I wake up dreading nothing!!

10. JP Banks profile image72
    JP Banksposted 5 years ago

No. I've sworn off organized religion years ago. If I choose to worship God, I am free to do it at my leisure, and most certainly do not need to 'tithe' in order to do so.

11. rosesmith13 profile image58
    rosesmith13posted 4 years ago

My name is Rose Smith from united states of america. I never believed in love spells or magic until i met this spell caster once when i went to Africa in February this year on a business summit. I meant a man who’s name is DR.MADURAI he is really powerful and could help cast spells to bring back one’s gone, lost, misbehaving lover and magic money spell or spell for a good job or luck spell .I’m now happy & a living testimony cos the man i had wanted to marry left me 3 weeks before our wedding and my life was upside down cos our relationship has been on for 3years. I really loved him, but his mother was against us and he had no good paying job. So when i met this spell caster, i told him what happened and explained the situation of things to him. At first i was undecided, skeptical and doubtful, but i just gave it a try. And in 7 days when i returned to Canada, my boyfriend (now husband) called me by himself and came to me apologizing that everything had been settled with his mom and family and he got a new job interview so we should get married. I didn’t believe it cos the spell caster only asked for my name and my boyfriends name and all i wanted him to do. Well we are happily married now and we are expecting our little kid, and my husband also got the new job and our lives became much better. His email is maduraitemple@yahoo.com

working