jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Is there evidence in the Bible of marijuana usage?

1. andrew savage profile image61
    andrew savageposted 4 years ago

Is there evidence in the Bible of marijuana usage?

2. starsofeight profile image59
    starsofeightposted 4 years ago

I have read through the Bible many times, and really, nothing indicated anything more than alcohol use. That is not to say people would not have smoked it had it even grown in the area, which is a topic better left to experts. I will say this however, I'm pretty sure there were no zig zags back then, and a papyrus doobie would have been large and unwieldy. Bongs would have been made from clay. What they probably did was feed it to their livestock -- which would explain talking donkeys..

1. profile image0
      Rayne123posted 4 years agoin reply to this

talking donkeys thats funny

2. andrew savage profile image61
      andrew savageposted 4 years agoin reply to this

They knew how to blow glass back then. There are roads from ancient Rome still in good shape and it seems like everyone thinks all people back then were idiots. Personally I think there are more idiots alive per capita today than yesterday.

3. profile image0
    Rayne123posted 4 years ago

no none that I seen. I really do not think there was such a thing back in those days.

I never even read of anyone smoking cigarettes.

Then again if so would it have been of mention, probably not. But then again they may have not really known what they were smoking or what to do with it.

But no I really dont believe so

4. AEvans profile image80
    AEvansposted 4 years ago

Yes, there is evidence of marijuana usage and the terminology used was " flax". Which was used for medicinal purposes.

1. starsofeight profile image59
      starsofeightposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I have read this entire article, and can find no evidence that flax shares anything in common with marijuana other than it's fibrous nature. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flax#History

working