jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

Do we sometimes forget that God is King and all things seen and unseen is within

1. profile image68
    graceinusposted 4 years ago

Do we sometimes forget that God is King and all things seen and unseen is within His Kingdom?

I believe we sometimes forget that above all things (by name) that God is, He is first a King. It would stand to reason that as the Creater of all things seen and unseen that everything is within His Kingdom. Do we fail to see the deepness of His Kingdom?

2. LoisRyan13903 profile image82
    LoisRyan13903posted 4 years ago

Yes for a variety of reasons and have wrote several hubs (in my Experiencing God hubs).  In a nutshell they are:
    Too many distractions-in my case financial stress, work issues, Internet (playing mindless games)
    Idolatry-movies, music, money, peer pressure
    Trying hard to make the family happy
    Illness
    Lack of faith-not trusting God
    Trying to do things on our own without consulting God

1. manatita44 profile image83
      manatita44posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Such a sincere answer from Lois Ryan! I commend her. Again, we are all weak, and what with all our insecurities, fears, not enough faith etc, we slip off the Path quite easily. Let us pray for one another.

2. profile image68
      graceinusposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Lois- Sometimes it is hard to remain focused on God when things in life become a difficult. But it's in times like that when focus on God is the most important. Many thanks for your answer.

3. LoisRyan13903 profile image82
      LoisRyan13903posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you both.

3. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

Yes, at times, we human beings think that what we don't disclose, or that which we hide we are not accountable for. We do tend to forget that He knows everything.  good question.

1. profile image68

duffsmom- You are right. We do tend to forget who is watching. Thanks duffsmom.

4. clara kish@yahoo. profile image72
    clara kish@yahoo.posted 4 years ago

Yes, I think that  happens so  much anymore  that we more or less  ignore that fact.We should always remember  that  He is God. I  know in this day that is not always a popular belief  but I  would rather  displease  the world than God . He is the one Who we are going to have to  answer to, not  man , it we could just get it through to them ,I am afraid when they do believe it will be too late for them.

1. profile image68

clar kish@yahoo.- I agree. As christians all we can do is inform those who don't know. At the same time it is the respossibility of each individual to pick up the word of God and study for ourselves. We can not force belief on anyone. Many blessing.

5. lifegate profile image80
    lifegateposted 4 years ago

Short and to the point - absolutely! Even though we know the truth behind your question, so often we lose focus on the Truth (a ploy of the devil) and begin to focus on the material - what we can see, to our own harm.

1. profile image68

lifegate- During Christ's ministry on earth His main focus was on the Kingdom of God. As Christians it should be our focus too. Thank you so much lifegate for your answer. Many blessing.

6. Nolyn profile image81
    Nolynposted 4 years ago

Perhaps we should be asking if we should limit God by describing God in an earthly metaphor.  God is so much bigger than a "king."

working