jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

What is the correct meaning of this scripture, according to scripture?

1. celafoe profile image58
    celafoeposted 4 years ago

What is the correct meaning of this scripture, according to scripture?

Gal 3:26-29  For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Remember all scripture must be compatible with all other scripture, none can stand alone or in competition with another..

2. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 4 years ago

I believe it to mean that once we've accepted Christ as Lord and Savior, we are all equal in the eyes of God.

3. Ericdierker profile image54
    Ericdierkerposted 4 years ago

Change the word Christ to "Love". The meaning remains the same. Put "Spirit" into there and it remains unchanged. Put God in there and it remains the same.
    Those who live within an acceptance of the Trinity live as children of God. Abraham means almost nothing to us now, but he was a symbol back then. "Seed" was just how they talked back then. Galatia was almost anything but Hebrew so the reference to Abraham was a welcome of sorts, adopting these crazy Celts and Romans. Celafoe I do not accept your rule, once again: "Remember all scripture must be compatible with all other scripture, none can stand alone or in competition with another". That is balderdash. Not all of the Gospels even stand this test.

1. celafoe profile image58
      celafoeposted 4 years agoin reply to this

i am sorry you can not accept proper understanding of scripture that does not fit your simplistic understanding.   And so you know I also dont believe the catholic trinity explanation.  All Gospels do pass the test if understood correctly.

2. Ericdierker profile image54
      Ericdierkerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

According to who? On what great authority is your translation, interpretation and love of the Word more Holy than mine?

3. celafoe profile image58

Scripture --.   Either you read a different bible or serve a different god than I .    2 Tim 3:16-17 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,

4. Ericdierker profile image54
      Ericdierkerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

There you go acting like those who crucified our Lord again. Laws, rules definitions, rituals --- containing our Lords work to your contruction. Sanhedrin, Pharisees and Sophists. Jesus preached Love. You place restrictions on that Love.

5. celafoe profile image58

my God would not give me a bible that contradicts itself and then say that i am now equipped for all good work.   That is ludicrous.   Too bad the bible is not as simplistic as you would prefer.  like or not there are some some rules that apply.

6. profile image54
      wheatbaybayposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I find it hard to believe that Abraham, the father of all nations, means nothing today. I think he means a lot to the Jewish nation still to these day and always will.

7. celafoe profile image58

wheatbb-- i agree, Abraham was also our father as Christianity was through Him.  I dont care what the jews think as they are no longer special since they crucified Christ and denied him as messiah.

working