jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (21 posts)

What would we do with an alien religion?

1. Cre8tor profile image96
    Cre8torposted 2 years ago

What would we do with an alien religion?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12536152_f260.jpg

2. Nateerrr profile image75
    Nateerrrposted 2 years ago

What would we do? Many would dismiss, mock, or attack their beliefs. Some would study it. Some would convert. Others would be unaware or disinterested in it.

What should we do? Respect it, try to understand it (as best we can), and leave well enough alone.

1. sparkster profile image93
      sparksterposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Well, if God is not of Earth then wouldn't that make God 'alien'?  This question actually reminds me of the Project Bluebeam conspiracy theory. Plans for a new religion with an alien race at the head of it!

2. Cre8tor profile image96
      Cre8torposted 2 years agoin reply to this

It seems in talk of aliens, they are of superior knowledge...I think there would be many who'd convert or take it up simply because it'd be the hip new thing.

3. PeterStip profile image73
    PeterStipposted 2 years ago

The we in the question is the difficult part.
    Today people are fighting because they find their religion more superior than the others. It's coherent with religions because a religion is surrounded by dogmas and don't accept other religions, let alone atheism which in the view of believers is the worst of all.
    So if an alien religion would encounter the earth, every believer would feel it like a massive attack. And for sure unrest and war would be a result.

I agree. The war and unrest sadly would likely be between ourselves deciding what to do while the aliens sit back shaking their heads.

4. The Examiner-1 profile image74
    The Examiner-1posted 2 years ago

Pray that we are doing it correctly and following their religion.

5. chef-de-jour profile image96
    chef-de-jourposted 2 years ago

Firstly, we should tell them about the religions we've created on Earth, of how they're a curious mix of Love, peace, mystery and outright horror, of how some hijack religion and turn it into an obscenity and of how we humans seem to be incapable of accepting other contrasting religions.

Then we ought to ask them kindly what their religion is based on. And if it's anything remotely like the other religions we're so used to on Earth we must politely request them to take it back to where they came from.

Though your answer raises many good and serious points, I couldn't help but laugh at the end. Nicely done.

6. Evane profile image53
    Evaneposted 2 years ago

Is there an alien religion in the first place? We do nothing about it because that is not a fact.

"Would" is a rather key word in the question.

2. Evane profile image53
      Evaneposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I don't think so. Would suggests something past. You are making it sound like we have one. smile You could have used can, will, and the like smile

3. Cre8tor profile image96

"What WOULD you do if a shark attacks you?" Doesn't sound past tense to me but answering the question isn't mandatory. Thank you for reading.

7. profile image57
    Norine Williamsposted 2 years ago

We already have "alien religion!"  Religion is not the Gospel of Christ!  Religion has created "doctrines" and/or "denominations" which are in direct conflict with what is written in the Word of God! 

Everyone "says" our denomination is according to Scripture but when asked how, when, where those beliefs came from, they don't know and refuse to discuss!  Did not Scripture tell us to "prove our beliefs?"  I Peter 3:15 says "...be ready ALWAYS to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope this is in you..."  and if you do not Jesus said in Luke 9:26 "For whosoever shall be ashamed of me an of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's and of the holy angels."  He says basically the same thing in Mark 8:38!  Matthew 10:32-42 tells us what happens if not ashamed of Him {paraphrasing} "He will not be ashamed of us!" 

I find that MOST don't care or haven't read WHAT is in Bible!  If it does not coincide with what they "believe," or have been "taught," it's a LIE!  However, Disciples of Christ are to "search the Scripture to see if those things are so!"  (Acts 17:11)  Did the Scriptures not tell us in II Timothy 2:15 to "Study to show thyself approved...?"  Did II Timothy 3:16 not tell us "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for DOCTRINE, for REPROOF, for CORRECTION, for INSTRUCTION IN RIGHTEOUSNESS?"  Did the Scriptures not tell us HOW to study in Isaiah 28:10-13 which says (v10) "For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, lie upon line; here a little, and there a little?" 

I have found that MOST "Christians" do not "believe" any of the above!  They feel their beliefs are personal which is in direct conflict with THE WORD OF GOD!  Therefore, their "religion" is of an "alien" nature and not according to Scripture! (Galatians 1:6-9)!

1. PeterStip profile image73
      PeterStipposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Wow man, your bloody serious...Apparently no sense of humour when it has to do with religion, let alone "the only true religion"....
      And thanks for the fish.

2. Cre8tor profile image96

I suppose I was thinking more along the lines of aliens with their own religion that doesn't involve Christ, Allah, Buddha, Zen, Satan, Or anything we now have etched into ours brains of the "only" religion. So you would read em a bible. Ok.

3. profile image57
      Norine Williamsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Pete: Is "ETERNAL DEATH" not serious? If u thk "humorous" not a "believer!" 

Dan: Be it alien or human there is NO religion only the "Gospel of Christ" according to Scripture (Gal 1:6-9)!   "Etching in our brains" is what is WRITTEN in the Word!

4. PeterStip profile image73

Always look at the bright side of life....
      Would an alien religion have the same God? Probably not. imagine if the aliens where immortal, Emortal Death would be insignificant. No heaven for them, maybe that explains it.

5. profile image57

According to Scriptures, the Gospel of Christ will be taught to "ALL NATIONS" alien or not! Whether they want to "believe" or not is up to them as it is to you for ALL have "free will!"

6. PeterStip profile image73

How is the holy scripture taught to a squid ?

7. profile image57

With GOD "ALL" things are possible if a "believer!"

working