jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

If the "j" did not exist before 1600 then maybe there is no character named Jesu

1. platinumOwl4 profile image75
    platinumOwl4posted 4 years ago

If the "j" did not exist before 1600 then maybe there is no character named Jesus?

information exist that indicates there was no J prior to sixteen hundred, then what is the name of the character popularly known as Jesus.

2. JMcFarland profile image89
    JMcFarlandposted 4 years ago

I'm not sure that it's possible to say for sure.  In fact, I'm not sure that it's possible to state with absolute certainty that a Jesus ever existed - aside from popular opinion and the logical fallacy of appeal to authority.  There's a lot of information on the subject.  Some of it is good.  Some of it isn't.  I recommend David Fitzgerald's book "Nailed".

3. lone77star profile image82
    lone77starposted 4 years ago

Dumb!

His name was closer to Yehoshua or Yeshua. There are many languages that do not have letters that are in other languages. In a language that doesn't have a "p" your username might be flatinumOwl4. Does that mean you don't exist?

1. profile image0
      christiananrkistposted 4 years agoin reply to this

@lone77. wow! i dont see any need to be rude. you are right however. Jesus is just the name we use in english. @plainum. Try looking up your name in other languages. you'll be surprised how different they all are

2. PoeticFailosophy profile image60
      PoeticFailosophyposted 4 years agoin reply to this

This is a serious scholarly question and you are making jokes about the letter p!  Unbelievable. When the letter "7" is deprecated, you may very well dematerialize!

4. PoeticFailosophy profile image60
    PoeticFailosophyposted 4 years ago

They used a "g" instead.  in the olden days it was spelled "G-zuss" but they changed it to "Jesus" after the invention of "j" because it looked classier.

working