Can anyone tell me who/what this might be?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)
  1. profile image52
    fifixxposted 4 years ago

Can anyone tell me who/what this might be?

i have been woke up by hearing someone say my name..this is not the 1st time-ive exp. it from an early age..the last time I heard it it was a deep mans voice,really dragged out and really scary..not like the times before..can anyone tell me what this might be?

2. Attikos profile image78
    Attikosposted 4 years ago

Just about everyone experiences that, some more often than others. A spiritualist would tell you someone from another world or dimension is trying to get your attention, which can be good or bad depending on who is trying to make the connection. A psychologist would tell you have an unresolved issue you need to confront, which too can be good or bad depending on what it is and how your mind is going about dealing with it. As long as you're not slipping into a seriously dysfunctional state e.g. paranoid delusion, in which case professional counseling is warranted, I'd take it as a hint that some reflection and self-exploration might be beneficial.

1. profile image52
      fifixxposted 4 years agoin reply to this

ive had this in the past too and just recently i was told i man was with me...as i was told this as a young child too which is kind of strange..i exp. alot of of this and its hard to speak about..but mentally i think im fine lol

3. profile image0
    Rayne123posted 4 years ago

I have had this happen to me also, and actually the first time I had it happen, my dog at the time was at the end of the bed. I knew I wasnt hearing things when my dogs ears went up and he started barking. Dogs have a good sense of hearing.

I thought at first someone broke in, my husband at the time (20 years ago now)
    was working out of town so I thought maybe he decided to come home early, however we had a big steel door to the first part of the apartment then another steel door to the actual apartment and there was no way anyone could get in.

I then listened for footsteps after the fact and heard them walk back but the footsteps stopped at the doorway.

So there are a lot of people out there that do experience the "unseen" world and its nothing to fear. (I actually wrote a hub on the unknown) we fear it because we cant see it when in reality we should fear the "known" a lot more.

I did a lot of research and since I am more spiritually aware today I realize that it is an Angel trying to give you a message. Whether we accept it or not is totally up to us.

Most of us that have some kind of "unseen" experiences never really expand on this as being thought of as crazy, even though today there is so much paranormal happenings we still fear that others will think of us as crazy. It actually is the norm today, whether its to make a buck or be famous for a day it happens more than we think.

However most scientists (for sake of their jobs) will think you are crazy and need help, another reason those that experience this will not say a thing.

Since we are all assigned an Angel at conception then my good guess and intuition tells me its our Angels.

It is not a thing to fear, and yes it may be a warning of some kind, however if it is they will keep trying to relay the message.

So I am glad I am not the only one that this has happened to.
    As for the deep voices you speak of , this is still an Angel, not sure why they have such voices but remember, the dead  cannot contact us or tell us our future, regardless of what these so called false physics seem to agree on.

Think of it this way, the ones that experience the "outside/unseen world" are more sane lol, because if we weren't ready to accept it, the spirit would not associate with us at that point.

Good luck
    Laurie

1. profile image52
      fifixxposted 4 years agoin reply to this

thank you everyone for their thoughts and how you see things its good to have different smile im pretty sure its what your saying laurie,just rather it didnt happen to me haha maybe its a good thing ay smile just kind of scary hmm

4. profile image0
    christiananrkistposted 4 years ago

Have you been tested for seizures? this can sometimes be seizure related. I can see it happening especially in sleep because your brain tends to have more seizure activity in the early stages of sleep, depending on what type you may have. Youre more at risk for these if someone in your family has a history of seizures, (even aunts , uncles, cousins), have had head trauma, take drugs or other things. some times you just have them. I think it would be worth getting an EEG (electorencephalogram) to test for seizure activity.

5. Billie Kelpin profile image84
    Billie Kelpinposted 4 years ago

I have been a strong believer in a physical explanation for things based on several experiences which I and friends of mine have had that made us laugh at ourselves.  These are not related, per se, but examples of how things we think are inexplicable can often have a very scientific reason.  In the late 60s, a group of friends, young men and young women hung out together.  Chuck was getting concerned because he kept hearing music in his head.  After several puzzling months later, it was discovered that Chuck's dental filings were actually acting as a radio antenna for local radio stations.  In essence, he was picking up the signals of a music station through his teeth! 

Then once 20 years ago, I was sitting in the dining room on a cold, dark, and windy Minnesota night when suddenly a small round orb flew past my window.  I wasn't scared until it kept appearing back and forth.  It was way before drones were utilized, but I could envision a tiny space probe going back and forth in a kind of surveillance mode. The dog, after a bit, had to go outside and even though I was afraid, I reached down to put on his leash while opening the back door.  There was ice on the threshold and the storm door couldn't quite close all the way.  As I let the dog out, the wind flung the door open out of my hands and then back again and then out again.  As the door was moving I could see the reflection of my cute globe type lights dining room fixture.  The door caught the light from one globe and reflected it back and forth on the window as the door opened and closed.  Mystery solved. 
    Finally, more connected to your case, when my daughter was about 4 years old, she walked into our bedroom in the middle of the night asking telling me she was afraid.  I heard her in a conscious state, but replied, "Go check it on the calendar," in a subconscious state.  I heard myself say this ridiculous response and was surprised to realize that there is that one point between consciousness and self consciousness where funny things occur. 
    My un-professional guess is that when this happens you are in that state right between the dream state and the awake state. The next time this happens, try to go back and re-dream the voice telling you something wonderful. But I would take the advise of others here as well.

6. BuffaloGal1960 profile image71
    BuffaloGal1960posted 4 years ago

This only happened to my once.  It was my step dad who had walked on already, but with an authoritative voice, he called my name.  When I woke up, I saw him standing there, he disappeared but there was a fire at the foot of my bed.  I believe my guardian angel disguised himself as my step dad so I would recognize the authority. I do not believe those who have walked on can come back to earth, but I very much believe angels can take human form, to comfort us in times of trouble, to warn us or for other reasons.  I was startled of course.  The heater cord had melted to the carpet and caught fire for some reason and I am grateful for this intervention.  I have never been scared as in "evil" for I have protection from God.  I do not even pretend to know what yours is about.  Sorry.

7. CraftytotheCore profile image81
    CraftytotheCoreposted 4 years ago

My son was diagnosed with Autism last year.  He had started hearing voices.  Some were quite scary.  They would wake him up from a sound sleep.
    He could also hear other babble type words.  He was admitted to a hospital after believing he saw a figure of a dangerous man in our living room.  He tried to air stab the guy to protect his sister from the man.  He also held his head and said his head really hurt during this frightening experience.

The hospital told me that his brain works so fast, because he is super smart, that he takes in everything at once.  It's a sensory stimulation thing. 

Anyway, what I'm saying is perhaps you are really smart and your brain does a similar thing. 

On the other hand, I've been woken out of dreams before hearing someone shouting, but it's usually in my dream.  It seems so real at first until I wake up completely and realize it was all in my dream.

8. KenDeanAgudo profile image82
    KenDeanAgudoposted 4 years ago

Maybe, it's just your hallucination but if repeatedly happening, and somewhat you feel like it's an entity which is true, then, you are in the stage of infestation were an entity is starting to make some frightful encounters, and then will move to oppression were it become more frightful and may lead to possession. Is that familiar to you??? ;-)

Or it might be an entity like spirits that ask help to you. maybe your six sense was open, lots of explanation but there is something to do with mysteries of life

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)