jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (13 posts)

Have you ever felt attacked by the ENEMY??

1. MissMelissaK profile image78
    MissMelissaKposted 4 years ago

Have you ever felt attacked by the ENEMY??

What was it like?  Did it last a couple of hours, days or years?  Did you believe his LIES?  Did you get ANXIOUS, ANGRY and FRUSTRATED?  Did you settle down and realize that those emotions are not from our Beloved Father in Heaven?  They are from the enemy!  Now that I am closer to God through his Word and I feel I can talk to him, he leads me to scripture for the answers I need.  Ask God, "WHY?" and wait patiently...he will provide you with the wisdom you need in order to bring PEACE to a situation.  Do not be fooled.  If you feel overwhelmed, bring it to Jesus and he will help you!

2. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 4 years ago

You might need to be a little more descriptive about the "enemy". Do you mean temptation? Do you mean times we have been threatened? Do you mean bodily harm? Do you mean giving up on a project? This question is too open and needs to be narrowed down. Many Christians see the "enemy" everywhere.

MissMelissaKposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I mean satan and his minions...as in spiritual warfare.

2. lburmaster profile image83
      lburmasterposted 4 years agoin reply to this

That's any problem or temptation. It's difficult, challenging, but entirely common. Most of the lies I believe are told by myself. When fighting yourself, the fight gets worse. Still, it can turn out that peace will prevail.

3. MissMelissaK profile image78

Thanks.  When it becomes nervewracking mentally as it can on occasion happen, that is when I SURRENDER to God for help.

3. profile image0
    Rayne123posted 4 years ago

Hi Missy, how are you

She is right "enemy" can be many different definitions. It could be just alcohol and drugs destroying/taking control of your life.
    It could be your next door neighbor.
    I think we all have at one time another been "attacked" by some kind of enemy/evil force. No one has gone through life perfect.

Even the enemy  has been attacked by the enemy.

Someone brought to my attention in a hub that good does not fight evil, evil fights evil.

Evil lives in our minds and if we let evil take over than evil will feed on your negativity.

Its harder said than done at times, we all know this, we are human so we always need something/someone to help us through (depending on the situation)

sometimes I think the worst enemy is ourselves.

Very good question
    Laurie

Thank you Rayne,  My definition is satan as the enemy.  He comes to destroy and to make our lives miserable.  How do you conquer him?  Do you ever stop yourself in your thinking and say "Wait a minute!"  This is no more than an attack from the enemy.

4. Sri T profile image79
    Sri Tposted 4 years ago

There is no enemy. They are only concepts in your mind. Nothing happens but your thoughts. The next time you think you have an enemy, just stop and look at the thoughts that you are thinking. It is your imagination because there is no power outside of you. You live in your own world of thoughts. Remove your thoughts, stop your thoughts and the enemy disappears. If there are no thoughts, there are no disturbances. You are only bothered by your own thoughts, feelings or reactions to what you perceive as happening to you. When you clear your mind, you are free.

Are you denying evil in the world?  There is an enemy and he is VERY REAL.  Don't be fooled.  We are not JUST thoughts.  We are spirits living in physical bodies.  I firmly believe in good vs. evil.  Your viewpoint WASHES ALL EMOTIONS AWAY!

2. Sri T profile image79
      Sri Tposted 4 years agoin reply to this

There are people who do ignorant things in the world. But if you don't entertain any thoughts about them, they no longer exist for you. Your mind is your kingdom. You can accept or reject any concept.

3. MissMelissaK profile image78

I don't call evil ignorance so I politely disagree.  Rape and murder are hardly ignorant.  They are beyond evil and cruel.  It's not as simple as switching off thoughts.  If that were the case, then there wouldn't be any crime.  Emotions run high!!

4. Sri T profile image79
      Sri Tposted 4 years agoin reply to this

The scriptures say: whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; .... think on these things. Wisdom vs Ignorance.

5. MissMelissaK profile image78

I agree with you regarding your point about focusing on all those things. smile  No argument there.

working