Christ Mind Rules !

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (14 posts)
  1. SparklingJewel profile image66
    SparklingJewelposted 16 years ago

This thread is for all those out there that already know who they are in God, and want to keep it that way!!

I want to understand more about how you "know your self in God, in Christ", truly I do.
    For me it is a constant point to have to consider...always needing to come "back to the heart" when I feel I am getting off track. Learning the things that take me off track is a day to day focus.

2. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 16 years ago

My short answer is, when you love God you are Christ.  Doesn't matter what your views are etc, but since you referenced Christ, I answer in the word of Christ. 
    For myself,  I am everything to God, knowing it for myself is all I have to know, and there isn't a soul out there able to take me away from God, not even Jesus. 

You can stray from Jesus and laws and such and you can say many the blasphemous things you want to, shute I say them all the time, but what I consider to be more true when recognizing who I am to God, is that when personal views are put up againts another, it is always the other person who doesn't understand you or me.   

While I believe God is in everything period.  I don't believe in a prototype God or that you have to be just like everyone else,  those Gods are from the imaginations of other peoples views on God as well as Jesus' views on God, but the God that you come to love without question you know loves you back, that is God. 

Maybe only certain numbers of people actually get to see something special from God, and that in itself is an expression that God loves you back and God isn't ignoring you.  So maybe the things that fail people in wondering why God hasn't shown itself to them is because deep down inside they don't love themselves and I think you should love yourself as much as your love for God. 

Maybe that is where I got lucky or special because something in the heart does sing to God and when it is right for whatever reason and pure in the purest way which doesn't suggest anything at all but a pure and simple love for something that may or may not love you back.

So the question is how much do you love God?

3. Inspirepub profile image72
    Inspirepubposted 16 years ago

I would say the starting point is to be able to recognise when you have disconnected.

What are your "indicators" or "warning signs"?

For example, if I feel like I don't have enough time to do everything I need to do, that's a BIG RED FLAG that I have forgotten who I am and need to stop, take a deep breath, and meditate.

What are everyone else's indicators?

Jenny

4. Leif profile image60
    Leifposted 16 years ago

“When I find myself in times of trouble.. “  aahh, great tune, but seriously.   One of my Christ mind rules when going through that “back to square one” feeling, is Phil 2 -  5: Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 6: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: etc.. I’ve seen where a lot of people cringe about this, and read something else into it, but I take it for exactly as it says.  Other scriptures also support the “equal with God” saying, but also for me it’s like a “ball back in your lap” kinda thing.  We are laborers together with him, and all that may imply. One thing is for sure, if we don’t take steps to do something about what’s bothering us, then it will happen. The same would go for the other side of the coin that we can call into existence great things just as equally.  This sets me straight right away when I think of it. 

Peace to all, and thanks for letting me join in:)

Leif

SparklingJewelposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Hi Leif,  That is one of my touchstone verses, too!
      That is what I am saying when I say I am a co-creator with God. I am a part of God, one drop in the ocean of God.
      My next verse that goes with that one is, sorry I can't give the bible "address" smile "...all these things I do, (Jesus) ye can do also, because I go unto my Father.
      And I mean it, I take him at his word; he didn't just say you can only do healing or cast out demons...but all these things I do, ye can do also. I think in response, eventually of course, or maybe all in a flash...if/when I am ready.

Do you know any more verses that go with the "mind of Christ" concept that you could spell
      out here?

1. Leif profile image60
        Leifposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Hi Sparklingjewel, Thanks for the quote-reply. I feel honored;) hehe.  I’m definitely reading from the same page with you, about the drop in the ocean and all I agree.  We each are a “measure” of the whole.  The address you’re talking about is John 14:12 where “greater” things we will do than even he himself.  It really goes all the way back to “created in his likeness, and his image, male and female he created them”. We’re really just like god, only with skin on.  He said “ye are gods” (there is no apostrophe with that “s”). 

Another one that comes to mind, and I’ve never heard anyone talk about this, but how about when Moses was talking with god in the burning bush saying “Who shall I say sent me? And the response was “I AM”. Tell them “I AM” hath sent thee“.  Now, customarily when you’re introduced to someone, they tell you their name, and you repeat (voice) it back to them as a courtesy right? Well, then YOU just said “I AM”!  Coincidence? This is way too far fetched for it to not be regarded as intentionally designed to happen like this.  It’s covert.  You answered “I AM”, but objection your honor!! Oops, too late, you can’t un-ring a bell once it rang out.  Pretty sneaky I’d say if God we’re a lawyer (which he is).  Slipping one in on us like that.  Even against our own minds so we can know that we ARE him.  And not to be too quick to forget, that we live in a sneaky world, where there’s a sneaky enemy, doing just as sneaky things to make you believe otherwise. 

But here is something else we can keep in our Christ Mind Rules that there is no legislation against…

Galations 4:

22: But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
        23: Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Peace!

SparklingJewelposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Rules wasn't so much the intent of meaning "laws to follow" but meaning greater attainment over the lower mind.

Yes, my favorite concept; when I say "I AM"  I mean... "God in me is",  like, God lives through me as much as I allow and learn to believe. big_smile

5. profile image0

My indicator...

That I needed to look for forgiveness in a book.

6. Andrew0208 profile image57
    Andrew0208posted 16 years ago

Christ mind rules, it is good to know that the mindset of Christ is wholly based on Love. This is a mindset that forgives, shares and edifies one another in love. The Holy Spirit ensures that the love energy is shed abroad in our heart.

7. profile image0

Hi Leif:

22: But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
    23: Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

In these ways,  I think it is God working, because sometimes you hear something that needs to be heard and they are meaningful when heard at the right time.

1. Leif profile image60
      Leifposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Very well said Sandra, and an excellent point.  It's a beautiful thing to say the right things at the right time...

Prov 25:11  A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.

And it would go the other way as well, when saying things at the wrong time, or out of context, making things none productive...

Mat 15:6  ... Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition.

Another good example would be when jesus was tempted in the desert by the devil using the word of god against him. 

911 would have been bad timing for fireman jokes.  Unless of course you were one of the terrorists, and that would make it a relative thing as far as how one views things.  Nobody's perfect, but we should try to do the very best we can to be positive and uplifting...

Phil 4:8  Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Thank YOU, and CHEERS!

1. Lady Guinevere profile image67
        Lady Guinevereposted 14 years agoin reply to this

These verses are very good, but how many Christians pay attention to these instead of the fighting and bickering ones and the ones that instill fear?

8. Make  Money profile image67
    Make Moneyposted 14 years ago

Cool thread.  I know myself in God, in Christ when I receive the Eucharist.  Seriously.  When I miss a Sunday mass I don't just feel emotionally not well but physically not well also.  I feel more tempted by my vices during those times as well.  It has to have something to do with the merciful tenderness of the Holy Spirit that I receive with the Eucharist.

1. Lady Guinevere profile image67
      Lady Guinevereposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't know about that, but I do know that Christ resides in me and I am a part of God/The Source (that is all around us and in us all) no matter what I do or don't do.  All I have to do is be still and listen.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)