jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Do you think there's life after death or when you die that's it? please elaborat

1. LadyFiddler profile image78
    LadyFiddlerposted 4 years ago

Do you think there's life after death or when you die that's it? please elaborate

I am just asking this question to get a feel on different people's view of life after death.

2. Sushma Webber profile image85
    Sushma Webberposted 4 years ago

Though it is hard to prove there is Life after death there is a lot material to be found in the various religious traditions and the teachings of Theosophy. The question is what is it that continues after the physical body stops working. What is it that gives life to the physical body, can it exist without the body?

Buddhism and Hinduism talk about life after death and reincarnation.

An answer cannot be given in a small message but the question is worth exploring. It will have an impact on the way we live if we believe that this is not just it, but that there is more to life than just 70-80 years of this current lifetime.

LadyFiddlerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I definitely do not believe in re-incarnation because humans are the highest species on the earth why would I die  and come back something worst than I was like a cow, a snake, a rat etc just does not make sense. I suppose to go from glory to glory.

3. Paul K Francis profile image82
    Paul K Francisposted 4 years ago

I would like to believe that there is some kind of experience after we die but we cannot know until the time comes and the time will come to all of us, and it this fact that makes death a natural occurrence in our lives. Those who have had near death experiences share the fact that they have returned and it is not known what, if anything, would have followed. Perhaps in the absence of the passage of time, the beautiful feelings and images that our brains supply for us at the time of  death become our eternities, or slowly fade without our awareness. This all leads me to believe that we should seek these feelings as we live. Someday we will rest in peace, but there is no reason why we cannot live in peace. Have a nice day.

4. lone77star profile image83
    lone77starposted 4 years ago

Thank you for a most intriguing question. But it's also funny.

It's kind of like a blind person asking if colors are real, or if they are merely figments of people's imagination.

When you know that you are not your Homo sapiens body, and when you have remembered thousands of prior lifetimes, and performed miracles dozens of times, then it's easy to say --  I don't think there's life after death; I know there's life after death.

And I know that there is life after life. If you awaken as a spiritual being, then you will have everlasting life, because you will no longer be dependent upon this Homo sapiens body for continuity of consciousness. You will be able to hold continuity of consciousness in your own spiritual mind

LadyFiddlerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Good Morning lone77star how are you? Thanks for your interesting answer smile . May God save your soul.

working