jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Do you have an experience in your life where you know that God is real?

1. Christa Swope profile image36
    Christa Swopeposted 4 years ago

Do you have an experience in your life where you know that God is real?

2. prektjr.dc profile image87
    prektjr.dcposted 4 years ago

I have been blessed with many experiences that validate the presence and power of God.  Even at a young age, I was aware of God's presence.  Most recently, I was within seconds of a head-on collision with a truck and fifth-wheel trailer and as time seemed to slow, I simply said, "Lord!"  I KNEW I was going to die. I experienced a whisper of "not yet." just as my car jolted sideways....completely out of the way.  I was completely astonished and overwhelmed by the awareness that I still had a purpose here and the amazing feeling that God was with me, His love and His powerful protection.  He is very real.

1. lone77star profile image83
      lone77starposted 4 years agoin reply to this

And your faith is strong. The blessings spring from faith as strong as yours. God sees in this a child of His own awakening to Him once again.

God is love, infinite and abundant.

3. lone77star profile image83
    lone77starposted 4 years ago

The first was at about 2 years old -- recurring dreams of flying that were lessons in faith, humility and doubt. Since then, my life has been filled with miracles.

Perhaps the most visibly startling was like that of Moses parting the sea. Broad daylight on one of the busiest streets in the world, traffic parted for two miles -- impossibly, thick, rush hour traffic split down the middle and crammed extra cars in the already bumper-to-bumper lanes left and right. All in less than 5 seconds. And only after it was perfectly okay with me if it took forever to reach my destination. I had achieved utter humility, but perfect confidence.