jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?

1. PositronWildhawk profile image77
    PositronWildhawkposted 4 years ago

What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?

2. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 4 years ago

Not be a closet atheist, not be a closet bisexual, and not hide the fact I'm of mixed race. I live in the south (USA), in the bible belt. Being anything other than a conservative, heterosexual, Caucasian causes a lot of complications.

3. passionate77 profile image59
    passionate77posted 4 years ago

i think i would be expressing my thoughts more freely in that case because i live in such a society where i need to be careful all the time because here people judge by words, actions, and expressions a lot and many times i feel suffocation when i need to say or express my thoughts about some thing but i can't do that accordingly just because of fear of people living around me.

4. IDONO profile image80
    IDONOposted 4 years ago

It's hard to put my finger on any certain things because your scenario will never happen, therefore I haven't thought much about it. But I do know that the less the better. The less things that I change, no matter who approves or disapproves, only means that I feel pretty good about myself.
         See, what you defined is character. What one does when no one is looking. Peeple's answer is a prime example. When I started following her, I didn't know these things she stated here. But these are not character defects. These are part of her and I hope she is proud and feels good about herself. She should. She is being herself and owes no apologies for that. I truly have more respect now than before because she never comes on here preaching her beliefs and telling others that they are wrong. She is not judgmental. This goes for anyone that is honest.
         The trick is to know, in your heart, that you are a good person, no matter what anyone else thinks. People that are judgmental are only trying to validated their own issues at another's expense. It's not fair, but it's the way it is.
         I'm sure there are a ton of things I would change in myself. But not because of the judgment of others. But because those things are wrong; for me. Not them.

working