jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Can Love and Peace be a religion? Or is there just not enough to fight over?

1. Ericdierker profile image55
    Ericdierkerposted 4 years ago

Can Love and Peace be a religion? Or is there just not enough to fight over?

Christians get mad because I boil down Gospel to Love. Atheist deride me for no backing and too optimistic. I see love in everyone. Does everyone else just see psychopaths?

2. Mr. Happy profile image84
    Mr. Happyposted 4 years ago

You left out the Pagans. Haha, I'm just kidding.

Wikipedia notes: "Religion is an organized collection of beliefs, cultural systems, and world views that relate humanity to an order of existence." This makes me ask: is there an actual order to existence?

(Ohh geez, I just poured my tea on top of a little bit of hot chocolate I had in another cup sitting on the table ... Tastes weird now ... ohh well ...)

So, ya I guess the question now is: do we need religion? I am not sure that we do. Good question.

Cheers! : )

Ericdierkerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Perfect point. You did not try and make chocolate and tea? But I promise two shavings of dark bitter chocolate into an Earl Grey and you will like it. Not what we would expect. Peace and Love. No other rules, would be a great collection.

3. lone77star profile image83
    lone77starposted 4 years ago

Eric, this is a most beautiful question. Bless you for your optimism and your love. Wow! Feels good.

Love already is a religion -- Christianity. Of course, there are many evil ones who have co-opted Christianity and perverted it. But Christ warned us this would happen.

I think, though, that "peace" is not part of Christianity. Not entirely. Even Christ said that he was not about bringing peace, but the sword. Yet, even in that, there is great love.

When God brought about Noah's Flood, it was only an act of love. How? God created us in His image and likeness and He is not Homo sapiens. None of His children were harmed.

The psychopathic elite who bring leukemia to Iraq with lies of WMDs and war crimes of depleted uranium, they have love buried deep within them. They have not tasted that love in many eons. But it can be easy to forgive them. If we take 100% responsibility for everything they do, then turning the other cheek becomes effortless, because we flood the world with the water of everlasting life -- love.

Ericdierkerposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Lone77star you make a great comment here. I simply could not respond until now.

4. manatita44 profile image81
    manatita44posted 4 years ago

We are on the same Path, Eric. Love is All in All. We came from Delight (Love), Live in Delight and in Delight we grow. Again, Infinity is this, infinity is that, from infinity when infinity is taken away, infinity remains. So the question of enough love, does not arise. It is infinite, eternal and immortal.

Love is what pushes the Great God-Souls back into this world to help us out.
    Atheist need not use this word. I am fond of it and you are too. Still they may like you or Mandela or even their own children. There are so many ways of showing or experiencing love, even if we call it something else. It is a trap to be trapped by words. Many atheists are extremely nice people.

Finally, we had an 'atheists' in our spiritual workshop not so long ago. She said. "I am an atheist but I would like to ask a question." Everyone laughed. She was quite sincere and turned out to be very good value in the end. Much Peace.

5. J - R - Fr13m9n profile image76
    J - R - Fr13m9nposted 3 years ago

Can Love and Peace be a Religion? That sound of that statement resonates in the passageways of my memory. Love and Peace, a generation of young people searched for that quest in the 1960's. You are right. There is love in everyone. Some individuals have difficulty finding it within themselves. As for psychopaths, that is another subject which does not fit in with your question.

Ericdierkerposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Finding it is the key

working