This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Can Love and Peace be a religion? Or is there just not enough to fight over?

1. Ericdierker profile image56
    Ericdierkerposted 4 years ago

Can Love and Peace be a religion? Or is there just not enough to fight over?

Christians get mad because I boil down Gospel to Love. Atheist deride me for no backing and too optimistic. I see love in everyone. Does everyone else just see psychopaths?

2. Mr. Happy profile image82
    Mr. Happyposted 4 years ago

You left out the Pagans. Haha, I'm just kidding.

Wikipedia notes: "Religion is an organized collection of beliefs, cultural systems, and world views that relate humanity to an order of existence." This makes me ask: is there an actual order to existence?

(Ohh geez, I just poured my tea on top of a little bit of hot chocolate I had in another cup sitting on the table ... Tastes weird now ... ohh well ...)

So, ya I guess the question now is: do we need religion? I am not sure that we do. Good question.

Cheers! : )

Ericdierkerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Perfect point. You did not try and make chocolate and tea? But I promise two shavings of dark bitter chocolate into an Earl Grey and you will like it. Not what we would expect. Peace and Love. No other rules, would be a great collection.

3. lone77star profile image84
    lone77starposted 4 years ago

Eric, this is a most beautiful question. Bless you for your optimism and your love. Wow! Feels good.

Love already is a religion -- Christianity. Of course, there are many evil ones who have co-opted Christianity and perverted it. But Christ warned us this would happen.

I think, though, that "peace" is not part of Christianity. Not entirely. Even Christ said that he was not about bringing peace, but the sword. Yet, even in that, there is great love.

When God brought about Noah's Flood, it was only an act of love. How? God created us in His image and likeness and He is not Homo sapiens. None of His children were harmed.

The psychopathic elite who bring leukemia to Iraq with lies of WMDs and war crimes of depleted uranium, they have love buried deep within them. They have not tasted that love in many eons. But it can be easy to forgive them. If we take 100% responsibility for everything they do, then turning the other cheek becomes effortless, because we flood the world with the water of everlasting life -- love.

Ericdierkerposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Lone77star you make a great comment here. I simply could not respond until now.

4. manatita44 profile image83
    manatita44posted 4 years ago

We are on the same Path, Eric. Love is All in All. We came from Delight (Love), Live in Delight and in Delight we grow. Again, Infinity is this, infinity is that, from infinity when infinity is taken away, infinity remains. So the question of enough love, does not arise. It is infinite, eternal and immortal.

Love is what pushes the Great God-Souls back into this world to help us out.
    Atheist need not use this word. I am fond of it and you are too. Still they may like you or Mandela or even their own children. There are so many ways of showing or experiencing love, even if we call it something else. It is a trap to be trapped by words. Many atheists are extremely nice people.

Finally, we had an 'atheists' in our spiritual workshop not so long ago. She said. "I am an atheist but I would like to ask a question." Everyone laughed. She was quite sincere and turned out to be very good value in the end. Much Peace.

5. J - R - Fr13m9n profile image80
    J - R - Fr13m9nposted 3 years ago

Can Love and Peace be a Religion? That sound of that statement resonates in the passageways of my memory. Love and Peace, a generation of young people searched for that quest in the 1960's. You are right. There is love in everyone. Some individuals have difficulty finding it within themselves. As for psychopaths, that is another subject which does not fit in with your question.

Ericdierkerposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Finding it is the key

working