jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Do you believe in Soul?

1. jainismus profile image69
    jainismusposted 4 years ago

Do you believe in Soul?

Do you believe in Soul?

2. Team Wiseman profile image82
    Team Wisemanposted 4 years ago

"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind';...... Yes, I believe in soul.

3. artblack01 profile image61
    artblack01posted 4 years ago

The soul is a fictional quality of who we think we are and the hope that it will exist beyond our own death. However, what we are includes our body, if a part of us is broken then that is what we are. When we die we cease to exist and only the memory of us continues to exist, unless our the people who knew us and the things we left behind cease to be.

4. MizBejabbers profile image89
    MizBejabbersposted 4 years ago

The body turns to dust, but the soul endures forever. I know this not from reading a book, but because I am a soul and my mind is in contact with that soul. I occupy a body for this incarnation only. I believe in myself, therefore I must believe in my soul. Most of us are born in contact with our souls but well-meaning parents, like my father, discourage that contact. Things we say are attributed to our imagination.  Some people never lose that contact but others, like me, regain it after we are grown and away from our parents’ restrictive beliefs. . I hope that those who do not feel soul contact will, in time, regain it and know what it is.

1. artblack01 profile image61
      artblack01posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Good imagination and wishful thinking.

2. MizBejabbers profile image89
      MizBejabbersposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Not at all. Sorry that you are head-blind.

5. manatita44 profile image83
    manatita44posted 4 years ago

Yes, but again personal belief.

I sat at the feet of a God-man for some 31 years and He says it exists. Indeed He could see It quite clearly and talk to It.

The Body is the instrument of the Soul. The Soul needs the Body for manifestation and the Body needs the Soul to realise its true divinity. The Soul is part and parcel of God and as such immortal. It cannot die. It is the spark that gives life to the physical body. It acquires 'experiences' on its way back to the Godhead from whence it came in the process of evolution and re-incarnation.