jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Do you believe in Astrology?

1. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image32
    sunilkunnoth2012posted 4 years ago

Do you believe in Astrology?

2. Tusitala Tom profile image64
    Tusitala Tomposted 4 years ago

If we're talking about the stars and planets having an influence on our lives, of course they do.   If you got up this morning in daylight it's because our own planet, Earth, was not in the way of the sun's rays - hence daylight.  I don't think many would argue that day and night and the sun's rays upon the Earth, or the lack of them, don't make a huge difference to us.  Those differences are not only physical - bio rythyms etc, but psychological.   So the sun is an obvious indluence on us.

You could take it further and say that without the sun there would be no plants, animals, insects and the like, so no food for us.   There be nothing growing and swimming in the oceans either.

We know the Moon - you could class this as a 'minnie' planet, for it's a planet as far as our Earth is concerned - has a tremendous influence on us.  It draws trillions of tons of water towards itself as it circles the earth - hence the tides.   But does this have an influence on us in some way?   I'd say yes, bearing in mind our bodies are made up of roughly 70% water.  It also affects us psychologically: lunacy has been statistical proven.

Do the further away stars and planets have an influence?  I'd say, yes.  The influences would be far less and more weak, I suspect, but those stars do radiate energy.

The angle at which the sun, moon and stars shine upon the earth is also relevant because the less the angle is from right overheard, the greater the radiation.

Ah, but your talking about Astrological predictions, I expect.  Is there anything in that?   I'm of the opinion there is.  The big shortcoming is in the interpretation of any Astrolgical chart which might be made up.  We're talking Sun Sign (angle at which it shone upon your place of birth at exactly your time of birth)  Moon sign (angle at which it shone ujpon your place of birth at your time of birth.  Major planets in our solar system.  Major area of the sky, e.g. Aries, Taurus (star backdrop)   All very, very complicated.

However, Astrology is the oldest of all sciences.  Goes back so far no one knows when it really started.  It falls into disrepute because because of one major short coming:  INTERPRETATION of what all these signs mean. 

So do I believe in Astrolgy?  Can it predict our future with certainty.  I think not.   I believe that we are free to choose.

1. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image32
      sunilkunnoth2012posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for your detailed reply, which carries some vital information.

3. profile image0
    dragonflycolorposted 4 years ago

I do not necessarily believe in it but it is interesting to read about and make connections to specific events and human behavior.

4. manatita44 profile image83
    manatita44posted 4 years ago

Yes. It is pretty precise when one knows how to read it. However, Grace has the last word. Everything can be nullified by God's Grace, either operating of Itself or in and through a Spiritually Realised Soul.

working