jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

When you gave your life to Jesus did you become a convert or a disciple in the b

1. profile image68
    graceinusposted 4 years ago

When you gave your life to Jesus did you become a convert or a disciple in the body of Christ?

There are millions of christian converts in the world today. But how many concider themselves as disciples of Christ.? Is there a difference between a convert and a disciple?

2. Ericdierker profile image53
    Ericdierkerposted 4 years ago

If we look inside we do not see. We must hold the hand of a child. and let them look inside. We are not converted or students we are children.
    When we are children we live in Christ. When we look and try to decide we are not in Christ.
    We do battle as men. But we must be to Christ as children for thought is for the Magi and direction is for the soldier.
    We are not called to know, we are called to faith.
    Let this day me fail. For in failure I must rely. And in reliance I must give up and be born anew. And in that newness I am reborn and a child again.
    Let us not convert or teach. Let us be the first child in a meadow running after butterflies and the moon.
    Let us always return to God.

1. profile image68
      graceinusposted 4 years agoin reply to this

ERtc- Many thanks for your answer.
      Many blessings to you and your family in the coming New Year.

2. Ericdierker profile image53
      Ericdierkerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

The greatest blessing is in you for I know you love me and that is the best gift I ever did get.

3. celafoe profile image58
    celafoeposted 4 years ago

I became and am BOTH as I know you are.   Yes there is a difference and it is clearly explained in scripture, though few churches make a distinction these days.

1. profile image68
      graceinusposted 4 years agoin reply to this

celafoe- Thanks alot for your answer. I agree with you.
      I haven't seen you in a while. Good to see you back.

working