jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Christians,how can one follow Christ and not reside in nor live in His image?

1. Apostle Jack profile image60
    Apostle Jackposted 6 years ago

Christians,how can one follow Christ and not reside in nor live in His image?

That is like saying one don't have to obey Him,but just believe in Him.
    Satan is a believer,but not a follower of Christ.Can He be saved by just believing?

2. tjhooper profile image74
    tjhooperposted 6 years ago

That is where a lot of "once saved always saved" believers have it wrong. They think that just because they once showed a faith in God that they automatically have their ticket to heaven.

If they don't live a good life, they'll just lose some rewards, but the Bible says that are names CAN be blotted out of the book of life.

It is impossible to serve God and Man. You either do one or the other. The new testament clearly explains what sins will keep you from heaven, and that it is necessary to pick up your cross and deny yourself and the world to properly follow Christ.

3. feenix profile image59
    feenixposted 6 years ago

I believe that the answer to the question is quite simple.

What it comes down to is even though one might accept that Jesus is his/her Lord and Savior, it is impossible for that person to fully "reside in or live in His image".

And that is because quite opposite from what we mere mortals are, Jesus is The Prince of Light, The Lord of lords, The King of kings, The Savior of the entire world and The Son of God.

In other words, no one on this planet has the "juice" to conduct his/her life in the same manner that Jesus did when He was on earth.

4. ii3rittles profile image81
    ii3rittlesposted 6 years ago

God's purpose for Jesus was to save us. God knows we all sin, we are not perfect and it takes great strength to fight our own flesh. Part of being saved is to walk as Jesus did by repenting from your old ways, or repenting your sins. To repent is to admit you were wrong, and no longer do it.

This is what turns many people away from God. What people do not understand is that there is a difference between repenting from your heart and repenting from your head. I still sin and I openly admit I do to anyone who asks, but first and foremost I admit it to God, and I ask for forgiveness in Jesus' name. While I don't commit as many sins as I use to, I still commit some. I still tell lies, even if I don't mean too, I still dishonor my parents, as we most do from time to time, and I still am not sure how to honor the Sabbath. Will this keep my out of Heaven... No. Because in my heart of hearts I am trying and God knows my heart more then I know it myself. He knows I hate all the things He hates and He knows, when I ask for forgiveness I mean it. I don't purposely or forcefully sin, but because I have moments of weakness, my flesh does get the best of me. I know God and Jesus are in my heart because after I sin, I feel it. When I lie, I feel ashamed, when I dishonor my mother, I feel pathetic.

No one is or ever will be perfect walking this earth until God makes the change. People must understand that God is LOVE and if love is really in your heart, you will get into Heaven. Yes, you must keep the 10 commandments, but if you mess up or make a mistake, Jesus is there for your forgiveness... BUT! This by no means means to take advantage of him or of God. He knows whats in your heart!

5. LeeWalls profile image61
    LeeWallsposted 6 years ago

You can't do something you're not fully committed to, and for a person to say they're christian and only agree with half of it, there's a word for that, hypocrites.

You can't preach every Sunday and talk to a congregation but on the side you're molesting the choir boy. What are you? A hypocrite.

You can't preach about idolatry but worship images. What are you? A hypocrite.

You can't call yourself a christian but your life is corrupt. What are you? A hypocrite.

And you can't come online and write about God, Jesus, the Bible and you know that's not what's in your heart. What are you? A hypocrite.

working