Have you ever seen something that you could not explain?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)
  1. Faith Reaper profile image83
    Faith Reaperposted 10 years ago

Have you ever seen something that you could not explain?

In your lifetime, has there ever been an event or maybe something that you saw with your own eyes but you were unable to explain it away logically?  Thank you for answering.

2. ChristinS profile image39
    ChristinSposted 10 years ago

Yes several times and so I try to keep an open mind and accept the fact that our senses are limited and there are things we cannot explain. 

My grandfather visited me years after his passing - I could have dismissed it as just a dream, but he informed me of things that were going to happen in the coming days and weeks that I would have had no other way to know otherwise.  He and I were very, very close in life and his passing when I was a teenager was the worst trauma for me.  His visit was many years later when I was in my mid-20's and he's visited a few times in my life. 

I live in a house too where several people have seen the same woman.  I have never seen her, but she scolds little boys about running on the stairs.  I knew that was not something I could just explain away when a friend from school I had never told that story to brought her little boys over one day.  We were working on a project so I told them they could go upstairs and play the xbox. One of them promptly came back down to the dining room and said "mommy a blue lady told me to stop running on the stairs".... My sons were not here at the time and could not have told him that.  He saw something others claimed to have seen as well with no prior knowledge so hmmmm.

I am a very logical, analytical person, but there are indeed things that I and others I know have experienced that do defy explanation - so I keep an open mind smile

Faith Reaperposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Wow, christinS, those are truly fascinating incidents of the unexplained!!! Thank you for sharing, especially about your dear grandfather. Hugs, Faith Reaper

3. Sparklea profile image60
    Sparkleaposted 10 years ago

Hi Faith,
    Quite some time ago I had met with a group of women at least 1/2 hour to 45 minutes from my home...when I left I had to drive down a dark highway.

As I entered off the ramp I was frightened by a HUGE lit up tractor trailer behind me from out of nowhere.  I stayed in the right lane to allow the driver to pass.  I glanced in my side mirror, and there was no sign of the tractor trailer, and I saw NOTHING in my rear view mirror.  It was like the vehicle totally vanished.  There were no other vehicles around at that time.  I thought I was losing my mind, but I swear on a Bible this happened.

Another time, at night, in the winter, I decided to drive home from the mall the back way...I did not realize the back roads had so much snow on them.  I drove very slow.  All of a sudden the car fishtailed, and went sideways...very fast...toward a tree in the woods on my left.  I thought to myself, "I AM HAVING AN AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT"
    All of a sudden the car spun around in the opposite direction and just plain STOPPED.  Facing the road.  I simply pulled out onto the road and drove home. 

I have zero explanation for either of these stories...but I feel in my heart a guardian angle may have prevented me from having an automobile accident.  I'll have to ask God about it when i get to Heaven.  God bless you Faith  smile

How interesting, Dear sparklea! Wow, I am so glad your guardian angel protected you no doubt. I bet that big truck that appeared and then vanished may have saved you by distracting you for a moment. Hugs, Faith Reaper

4. profile image0
    Rayne123posted 10 years ago

Hi Faith how are you

I have seen many things  I could not explain and like these other two that answered, I know in my heart there is something else out there and these unexplained situations are messages from above.

I have realized to follow what messages are given to you and not to question it.

If we dwell on it then we are questioning our Creator.

Science needs facts to go on however how can so many people in the world see and hear things that sometimes no one else does or on the contrary, that so many people do.

There are so many stories of the unexplained and I think Our Creator is showing us as we arrive closer to the end of these spirits in the sky.

Some are reluctant to admit to it for the mere fact others may think they are crazy but there is so much out there that we should not fear as they only add questions to our thoughts.

If they are out there then it is for a reason unknown to anyone else except the person actually seeing this.

We are all given messages in a way that we will understand. Sometimes these messages are not from the "Spirit" however your own feelings and sense of peace will also be your guide.
    Blessings
    Laurie

Hi Dear Laurie, I am fine and so glad to see you here this day and thank you for answering! Yes, there is so much we do not know or understand and we just need to just in Him for sure. Hugs, Faith Reaper

5. profile image0
    Bob Bambergposted 10 years ago

Hi Faith, we had to be at the airport in time to go through security, etc. for a 6 AM departure, so I set the alarm for 4 AM, but I apparently forgot to slide the button over.

Our cat, Fluffy, came into our room vocalizing in a way we had never heard before...repeated throaty meows..until I got up.  It was 4:20 AM, we had overslept.  We hurried and still made it in time.

She never made that sound prior to that, and never made it afterwards.  She was with us for almost 17 years, and in that time, this episode was the only time we ever overslept for something important.

When it comes to things science, including animal behavior, I'm a firm believer that science has an explanation or a reasonable theory for everything, but I haven't been able to reconcile this.

She's just under my chin in the profile picture, but I had to crop her out to enable the picture to fit.  She died 3 years ago, but I sometimes still expect to see her at the head of the stairs...a favorite place of hers.

That is pretty awesome, Bob, and thank you for sharing about beloved Fluffy and that amazing incident. I am sorry about your loss. Hugs, Faith Reaper

6. CraftytotheCore profile image72
    CraftytotheCoreposted 10 years ago

Yes!  I was driving one time an hour away to meet a friend.  I was on this common road, but there was very little traffic during mid-day.  There was a truck in front of me.  It wasn't speeding, but suddenly veered off to the right.  It hit a sign, flipped, and rolled down a steep embankment. 
    I was with a volunteer fire department at the time, and had CPR training.

I pulled over and ran through the opening of the thick brush beyond the guardrails.  As I approached the first victim, I could see he had a terriblly fractured leg.  He was gasping for air and I knew he wouldn't make it. He died while I prayed over him. 

The second victim was covered in this awful tar stuff.  He did survive.

I later learned that the man who died was a pastor.

I had to go to a deposition to explain what I witnessed.  I started telling the family and the attorneys what I witnessed.  I said I ran through an opening of the thick brush and raced down the hill to help.  One attorney questioned me relentlessly about the brush I was talking about.  I kept telling him that there was an opening in it like it was parted so I could get through to the victims.  Finally, he showed me a picture.  He asked me to explain where exactly I had run through the thick brush. 

I thought the photo had been taken years later.  There was so much overgrowth, it wasn't possible to get down the embankment as I had.  So I told him that I felt he was surely mistaken.  That picture wasn't taken the day of the accident.  He showed me the date stamp on the back.  It was indeed the same day of the accident.

I couldn't believe my eyes.  I know for a fact, there was a clear path for me to run through that brush.  But the pictures didn't show that at all.  They showed nothing but tangled thorns, thick bittersweet vines growing up and around pine trees....there was no way I could have gotten through without a tool to get them out of the way.

Also, I had not one scratch on me.  It's just something I can't explain.

Totally blown away by your experience, Dear Crafty! Yep, that qualifies as unexplainable for sure. Thank you for sharing your experience. Hugs, Faith Reaper

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)