jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

If you are not a Christian, how would you respond if Christians pray for you?

1. Good Guy profile image86
    Good Guyposted 4 years ago

If you are not a Christian, how would you respond if Christians pray for you?

2. Lapse profile image62
    Lapseposted 4 years ago

Thank the person.  I have never heard this when it wasn't intended as a good thing.  Why would anyone protest if someone wanted to do something nice for them?  Only people that have an ungrateful nature I suppose and those people suck. 
    Unless you think the person is saying it because they pity you?  I don't know never been there before, but I'm sure people have thought it about me!  Lol...  Even then its a good thing right?

3. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 4 years ago

I can't answer your question as asked because I am a Christian. But if I look at it in reverse and someone from another religion wanted to pray for me or give me a blessing in the name of their god, I'd feel honored. Such an action on their part would let me know they care about me enough to want to help me or grant me a special blessing. That is a person I know I could be friends with even of we may disagree about religion at times.

4. Peter Dickinson profile image66
    Peter Dickinsonposted 4 years ago

I don't believe in any God but I know I have one devout Christian and one devout Muslim who pray for my soul every day. I have no expectations from their prayers but it makes me happy that they care for me so much and I love them for it.

5. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 4 years ago

I think it's generally positive. I'm fairly certain my mother-in-law prays for me every day, not because I'm an atheist, but because she wants me to be healthy and happy. And, while not all prayers have well meaning behind them ("I'll pray for your soul because you're going to hell") I think that both are better than a stick in the eye.

6. Edward J. Palumbo profile image85
    Edward J. Palumboposted 4 years ago

I would respond appreciatively, since I assume they're praying with my benefit or welfare in mind.

7. profile image0
    Dave36posted 4 years ago

Iv'e just had the very thing happen to me buddy, & i was pleased to be honest, and i think you should be if it happened to you.
    As you must have touched them somehow, into wanting to pray for you.
    I do believe in a God, but i also believe praying is a waste of time.
    Whatever anyone is praying for is already out there (or at least the potential for it is), all they have to do is go & get it etc. :-)

working