jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

In the OT Babylon is a Kingdom, but many believe Babylon in Revelation symbolize

1. profile image69
    graceinusposted 3 years ago

In the OT Babylon is a Kingdom, but many believe Babylon in Revelation symbolizes a church, Why?

Clearly Old Testament reveals the city of Babylon to be a Kingdom. So why do people assume that the Babylon describe or mentioned in Revelation Chapters 14, 17 and 18 to symbolize a church?

2. Ceegen profile image80
    Ceegenposted 3 years ago

I think that has a lot to do with confusion of two very important symbols in Revelation.

Women in the bible are always symbolic of churches, while beasts are symbolic of governments. The woman of ill repute who has "MYSTERY BABYLON" written on her head is a symbol of the "mystery religions" that came out of the Babylonian empire. (The first one established by Nimrod, not Nebuchadnezzar's empire).

The beast with seven heads and ten horns is a government... A one-world government.

1. profile image69
      graceinusposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Ceegen- Thank you for your answer. I will give it much more thought and more study.

2. Ceegen profile image80
      Ceegenposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Keep in mind that though the woman who has "MYSTERY BABYLON" tattooed on her head, rides into the "NEW AGE" on the back of the beast with seven heads and ten horns! A one-world religion to "compliment" a one-world government, perhaps?
      God bless.

3. profile image69
      graceinusposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Ceegen- I think what is note worthy is in Rev 18:7 the harlot ( Mystery Babylon) describe herself as a QUEEN. A queen is what is found in a Kingdom not a church. Just a thought.  Thanks.

4. Ceegen profile image80
      Ceegenposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Correct, that is what she says. Jezebel was a queen, but also a "prophetess" in her own right, albeit a false prophetess. See Revelation ch2 v20, and compare.

working