Why do most "churches" professing to be Christian celebrate easter.

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (98 posts)
  1. celafoe profile image53
    celafoeposted 10 years ago

Why do most "churches" professing to be Christian celebrate easter.

Why do most of the churches professing to be Christian celebrate easter and all the foolishness that goes with it when it is actually a bastardized holiday honoring the sungod  ishtar.   when the scriptures clearly tell us not to mix the Holy and the profane?   and Jesus himself told us only to remember him with we call  the communion meal.

2. Amanda108 profile image86
    Amanda108posted 10 years ago

Everything in this world has multiple meanings, including holidays. You'd do well to remember that. Just because you feel a certain way about Easter doesn't make it fact for the rest of the world. Likewise, the bible and how we should remember Jesus has vastly different interpretations.

To most Christians, Easter is a time of remembrance of the resurrection of our savior. Just like Christmas isn't meant to be taken literally as the date of His birth, neither is Easter a literal date nor anything other than a modern day celebration with a long history that has led to this point.

celafoeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

your opinion is that of the "churches of men" and not the truth of scripture, thats why Paul rebuked the churches..    There is ONLY one Correct interpretation of scripture and all Christians are supposed to work together to be of one accord

2. PlanksandNails profile image80
      PlanksandNailsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

The Jewish people in the Bible were plainly told not to do it, but they defiantly continued in their Easter tradition, just as millions of supposed Christians still do today. (Jer 7:18-19, 44:16-17, 1 Kings 11:4-6)

3. profile image0
      Deborah Sextonposted 10 years agoin reply to this

No true Jewish person celebrates Easter. There is no such holiday in Israel. But you post it as though it is true. We don't celebrate Easter because we know He was not the Messiah. God gave many holidays

4. celafoe profile image53

ds-   this is posted to CHristians and not to jews, And  whether you like it or not HE IS the Messiah.     When God lifts your blinders you will the see it too.   Thats why the veil was rent- God came out of the box and the new covenant began

3. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 10 years ago

I won't give you a direct answer to the question because it's been asked for centuries and no one has ever satisfactorily settled the issue. What I will do is point out what I feel is the hypocrisy of any one Christian criticizing any other Christian for the way they choose to celebrate a holiday. If you don't feel it's an acceptable practice, think about the other things you do in your own life which are packed full of pagan practices and eliminate all of those before trying to correct what you view as the pagan celebration of Easter. If you're married, do you wear a wedding band? If so, get rid of it. Did you do the whole superstitious nonsense about "something borrowed, something blue"? Did people throw rice (or anything else) afterward? If you did or condone these things, you turn a holy sacrament into something containing pagan symbols and superstitions. I could give you other examples for other things in our daily lives, but that should be enough. I really don't think God has a problem with the fun and games as long as we also celebrate the true meaning of Easter.

God always has a problem with disobedience.  AND mixing the Holy and the profane is DISOBEDIENCE/  You have drunk the koolaid of the apostate liberal church system

2. PlanksandNails profile image80

The "true meaning of Easter" has absolutely nothing to do with Jesus Christ. The "fun and games" are pagan with eggs and bunnies that are representative of worshiping the fertility goddess during the spring equinox. God does have a problem with it.

3. Michael-Milec profile image60
      Michael-Milecposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Yeah; The God doesn't have any " problem'' with man's problems; actually didn't Jesus said " Let both grow together till the harvest ?" -- You don't like it, be better, show them true face of the TRUTH and leave them alone ; FOR CENTURIES goes like .

4. PlanksandNails profile image80

The field is the world, Jesus does not say that the field where all the weeds and wheat grow together is the Church. (Matthew 13:38) Many blend in with the lukewarmness that Jesus “vomits,” but the true Bride is making herself ready.

5. profile image53
      graceinusposted 10 years agoin reply to this

The reference of wheat and weeds in the parable is about the Kingdom, not the church. PandN you are correct.

6. cperuzzi profile image90
      cperuzziposted 10 years agoin reply to this

As I'm reading through these comments, all I can think of is the insanity that I thought died with Fred Phelps - which it apparently hasn't. I have lived my life being kind, this type of talk makes me glad I'm no longer Christian.

7. TwerkZerker profile image75
      TwerkZerkerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Cperuzzi - I hear ya. Honestly, I could totally understand why a person would find Christianity to be a total turn-off when his followers are so busy fighting about "who's better at following the rules" and throwing their self-righteousness around.

8. profile image53
      graceinusposted 9 years agoin reply to this

TZ- Since when is pointing out the truth concidered " throwing self-righteousness around." celafoe is simply pointing out truth. Just because you and those like you embrace ignorance and blindness when it come to God's word, dosen't mean we all do.

9. TwerkZerker profile image75

As long as we're talking about truth, I hope it equally bothers you that people worship in clothes (cloth derives from pagan god Clotho) or that they sing hymns (derives from pagan god Hymen). Just sayin. This seems to be "cherrypicking" at its best.

10. profile image53
      graceinusposted 9 years agoin reply to this

TZ- Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe God made the first clothes to cover man because they were naked before they were removed from the garden of Eden? Clothes, therefore was God's idea, was it not? And even the Angels in heaven sing don't they?

11. celafoe profile image53
      celafoeposted 9 years agoin reply to this

tz--.   I bring truth to those that can read.   You can show truth to anyone but only those baptized in the Holy Spirit and learning through Him can see it.   Church folk believe what they are taught not what the scripture say.   True?? Easter??

4. profile image53
    graceinusposted 10 years ago

celafoe- Good question. Most of those who are spoon fed false doctrine are just following their leader. It just a matter of the blind celebrating their blindness

unfortunately you are correct

2. profile image53

celafoe- Maybe there are some who will one day start taking the time to study God's word and hopefully it will open their eyes and see.

3. celafoe profile image53

we can only hope my brother the apostate church system has its tentacles deeply imbeded and to question them is considered rebellion,      until they do read and hear the Holy Spirit for themselves they will remain in church bondage.

4. PlanksandNails profile image80

All it takes is spending some time to do some honest research and the blinders will come off. I was deceived for many years, but once I discovered the truth, I was shocked of what I allowed my family to partake in. We need to repent and turn from it.

5. profile image53

PandN- I've been in the same boat as you. But there are those out there who seem to embrace their blindness. It does not have to be that way if they would just study or research as you have stated.

5. PlanksandNails profile image80
    PlanksandNailsposted 10 years ago

The modern "church" worships God in they way they want to worship Him, not the way He has told us to. They worship Him in spirit, but NOT in truth. The Israelite's are a Biblical example of how not to worship God.

And he received the gold from their hand and fashioned it with a graving tool and made a GOLDEN CALF. And they said, “These are your gods, O Israel, who brought you up out of the land of Egypt!” When Aaron saw this, he built an altar before it. And Aaron made proclamation and said, “TOMORROW SHALL BE A FEAST TO THE LORD.” – Exodus 32:4-5

The ending verse describes what the modern "church" does today. They want to keep their "golden calf" that is full of abominable symbols and imagery and attempt to worship God in that way.

You shall not bow down to their gods nor serve them, NOR DO AS THEY DO, but you shall utterly overthrow them and break their pillars in pieces. – Exodus 23:24

Take care that you be not ensnared to follow them, after they have been destroyed before you, and that you do not inquire about their gods, saying, ‘How did these nations serve their gods?—that I also may do the same.’ You shall NOT worship the LORD YOUR GOD IN THAT WAY – Deuteronomy 12:30-31

In similar fashion, the modern "church" wants to worship God, but want to do it with the addition of pagan tradition.

Even though people have a desire to worship the one true God, they are NOT because in truth their worship is an abomination to Him. They say that their practice of worship is redeemed because they are thinking about Jesus while they are doing it, but the fact is that it is spiritual adultery. It would be like committing adultery on your wife and then telling her that you were thinking about her while you were with someone else.

And the LORD said to Moses, “Go down, for your people, whom you brought up out of the land of Egypt, have CORRUPTED themselves. They have turned aside quickly out of the way that I commanded them. They have made for themselves a golden calf and have worshiped it and sacrificed to it – Exodus 32:7-8

The traditions of man have seduced the masses away into worshiping idols as a means to God. They have fallen for deception of mixing the holy and profane as a means of worshiping God.

The facts of history, their artifacts and the Bible prove otherwise. The apostate "church" will continue to ignore these things and the ignorant will want to remain that way. Apostasy is continuing to deny the truth, which is rebellion and disobedience.

amen  Thank you for the great addition

2. profile image53

PandN- You have a habit of hitting the nail right on the head. Great answer.

3. cperuzzi profile image90

It is an answer that is typical of Christian zealotry.  Cite evidence from your own text and call it empirical data.  Meanwhile intelligent people are watching Cosmos.

4. profile image53

cperuzzi- I just took a breif look at your profile information which now leads me to safely assume you are possibly atheist which may explains your worthless comment relating to this answer.

5. cperuzzi profile image90

Funny thing...
      My profile mentions nothing about my Jesuit education.  So I know a bit about history and mythology.
      Unlike you, I can tell the difference.

6. profile image53

Funny thing...
      Many atheist have great amount of  knowledge of the bible and still don't believe in it. And many atheist are former christians. And yet YOU have not denied you are an atheist. I'm waiting......

7. celafoe profile image53

cpu so you know catholic doctrine, but here we are discussing SCRIPTURAL  doctrine, not the same thing

8. cperuzzi profile image90

It's still mythology.  You call it faith.  All it is, is faith in a story.  And, yes, you can have it.  But your faith and philosophy are no better than anyone else's.  And that's a fact.

9. celafoe profile image53

cpu--   let me know how that works  out for you at the judgement

10. profile image53

cperruzzi- Just as I thought, your an atheist.

11. cperuzzi profile image90

No, I'm not.  My faith is not based on Biblical mythology.  Yet, I can still have faith in God without having to believe in a fictional history written by shepherds in another country.  My spirituality is based on my own philosophy.

12. profile image53

cperuzzi- Well, then I'd say your Jesuit education was a waste of your time and didn't get you very far, did it. And I suppose your inteligent now  because you are one of those watching the cosmos. Which somehow makes YOUR philosophy BETTER. Hummmm.

13. cperuzzi profile image90

A Jesuit education is never a waste of time.  Even the Jesuits know that either a person will embrace Christianity wholeheartedly or go the other way.  Either way, the Jesuits' main dictum was the think and observe all evidence.  Not blind faith.

14. profile image53

cperuzzi- It's to bad you were misguided by a Jesuits education in the first place. It's ease to make a mistake like that. The bible is not require blind faith. Faith, in it's purest form comes from God to a believer. It's His faith given to us.

15. cperuzzi profile image90

It doesn't?  Really?!!
      To hear you spout scripture as if it were history without facts is the very definition of blind faith.  Anytime you read, "And the Lord said..." requires blind faith - otherwise it's mental illness.

6. junkseller profile image79
    junksellerposted 10 years ago

Jesus told me that the Easter Bunny is cute, candy is yummy, and little kids searching for eggs is a lot of fun, but most importantly he told me to never listen to anyone else who tries to say what he would or wouldn't want for me, because those folks are generally only really interested in themselves.

We honor Jesus also by being joyful. Far too many people completely ignore that.

1. PlanksandNails profile image80

junkseller,

I don't believe in the same Jesus that you do. My Jesus has revealed what He thinks of pagan tradition in His Word. If you want to ignore God's Word and historical fact go ahead. I'm not buying into your Jesus. I am not that gullible.

2. junkseller profile image79
      junksellerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

"...a cheerful heart has a continual feast" Proverbs 15:15. If you look and see disobedience rather than joy, then that is a problem of your eyes, not their actions. Lighten up. Happiness is also one of His creations.

3. PlanksandNails profile image80

Goddesses of love and fertility were worshiped with spring festivals and gross immorality. The Roman Catholic Church, seeking to "Christianize" the pagans, gave new names and meanings to the old pagan festivals to keep their unregenerated joyful.

junk-- you best read the whole of that chapter instead of quoting a tiny bit out of context.     esp vs 8 - 17
      There is no problem with my eyes, only with your improper use of scripture.

5. junkseller profile image79

A nugget of wisdom has no context. I am sorry if you two have no use for happiness and joy. Most of us have better things to do than flog ourselves for imaginary sins.

6. profile image53

It sound to me like junkseller is another one who embraces blindness.

7. PlanksandNails profile image80

"A nugget of wisdom has no context."  This statement self-destructs. "Happiness" and "joy" are just red herrings to the question posed.

8. junkseller profile image79

You people are chasing down a guy in a bunny suit with pitchforks and torches and fail to see how absurd that is, but I am the one who is blind? I'll say it again, you guys need to lighten up. Jesus was full of laughter.

js   no question your jesus is not the Jesus of the bible.    Sounds like he is a good church jesus though.   sorry you cannot take obscure scriptures and make a doctrine, ALL scriptures must support and complete  each other

10. profile image53

" Jesus just told me that the Easter Bunny is cute and candy is yummy".  And you fail to see how absurd that is. Hummmmm

11. junkseller profile image79

You do realize that some day you are going to have to explain why you were so nasty to people don't you?

12. cperuzzi profile image90

Were I still Christian, I would agree with you.  However, as it is your hell, you can burn in it.

13. celafoe profile image53

js-- another statement that shows you have no comprehension of what Christianity is.   I have no problem  casting the moneychangers out of the temple and other such acts

14. cperuzzi profile image90

Neither would I.  As a matter of fact, I'd go one further.  I'd work to insure that non only money changers leave the Church but any political movement as well.

15. junkseller profile image79

Celafoe, Well, that's another thing I'd love to see you explain: who exactly you think you are to throw people out of His temple. Good luck with that.

16. celafoe profile image53

ok this has deteriorated into a athiest vs Christian and can go no where good.    No More on this thread .  Anything added by JS or CPR after this will be deleted.

7. Michael-Milec profile image60
    Michael-Milecposted 10 years ago

Could be because they are "christians." If they follow what what they were told to do, without knowing the TRUTH, we don't know WHY? - certainly I don't know and don't care. People are making choicest decision how to "treat " Christ and all is between them and their "god" as in any case it is between me and my God, you and  your God (god). Those with the Anointing do not participate where the Anointing isn't present- so we are making choice being the"light of the world", and the salt of the earth. The rest will notice..,

8. cperuzzi profile image90
    cperuzziposted 10 years ago

Because that's kind of the gig.

Oh sure, many use the phrase "Resurrection Day" but the Christian Churches have hijacked many of the Pagan holidays for their own use since the days of the early church.  The majority of religions use this time to celebrate the Spring Solstice.  There is no coincidence that the majority of the world hears Easter and thinks bunny, jelly beans, grass, eggs, and chicks. 

The entire point of the holiday is to celebrate renewal and fertilization.  Why else would you have an animal symbol of fertility made out of an aphrodisiac (chocolate bunny) or candied seeds (jelly beans), or green grass, or chicks and eggs (fertilized eggs)?  While you say Ishtar, some would say the Heathen goddess, Ostara.  We all know the real score.

The Christian Church's "holidays" are mostly based on a "me too" bit of propaganda.  Why else would their two major holidays fall on the winter and spring solstices and have so many ear marks of other myths?

It was all about recruitment at the time... and to some points, it still is.

you are pretty much correct, but it still does not make them valid holidays for the true church.   Only for the "churches of men" are they of any value and that is not eternal, just temporal like all things of the "modern (false)  church system"

2. cperuzzi profile image90

Christians in the US don't have a monopoly on holidays.  Memorial Day, Labor Day, Independence Day, Thanksgiving, New Years, President's Day, Columbus Day, and the list goes on.  Even Good Friday seems to be left up to businesses as discretionary.

cpu    yes the govt has no business making all those holiday, the emplyers should decide what their business will do.   And men should not make the Christian holiday, God did it in the old testament and Jesus told us how to celebrate Him in the new

9. blessedp profile image80
    blessedpposted 10 years ago

I know that to celebrate Christmas and Easter are considered pagan worship.  But as Christians is there anything wrong if we choose a season or a day to give thanks to God for His birth and His death.

Not looking at honoring any other god but the true and living God for such love and sacrifice.  We worship Him everyday but is there any harm in selecting a special time to say thanks?

1. cperuzzi profile image90

No, there is nothing wrong with honoring your faith.  Nothing at all - unless it interferes with the liberties of anyone else, have at it.  I'll even go one further - you should always be grateful for what you have and praise the universe for it.

2. celafoe profile image53

Yes there is something wrong.   Scripture says do not mix the Holy & profane and thats what easter et al and xmas have done.   This makes celebrating them DISOBEDIENCE.   Jesus told us to remember Him by the communion meal, not bastardized holida

3. cperuzzi profile image90

celafoe - The key words in "your faith" are "your" and "faith".  There is no force on earth that can remove the belief or philosophy of a person who believes in it. Quoting scripture from a different faith is inapplicable and stupid.

cperuzzi--  the question has nothing to do with "your faith" the question was asking about Christianity and there is ONLY ONE REAL church of the real Jesus Christ.   All divisions are abominations according to scripture.   I am not stupid, i read it.

10. turboguy profile image60
    turboguyposted 10 years ago

That question is simple. It is because on that day we celebrate the fact that Jesus came out of the grave. Death could not hold Him. And because He arose we who are true Christians will also rise from the dead.
    Thank you for the question.

The problem is the "churches" of men do not acknowledge the sign of Jonah (3 days and 3 nights) Jesus gave, but make Him out to be a liar by celebrating Good Friday afternoon to Easter Sunday morning (2 days and 2 nights).

and since the scriptures tell us not to mix the Holy with the profane, by celebrating this heathen holiday that the "churches of men" have tried to Christianize we are disobeying God's Word.    And Jesus said to celebrate Him with the communion meal

3. profile image53

Jesus died in the middle of the week during Passover which means He raised from the dead Saturday morning. So turboy, you are like the rest of the so called christian, you're guessing. Try studying your bible.

11. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 10 years ago

There is nothing wrong with Good Friday, because It is traditionally a day of fasting and penance.
    God ordained several holidays in the OT although Good Friday is not one of them

that is your opinion, but is scripturally wrong.    see all the comment s for why

2. profile image0

When saying something goes against the bible, prove it with scripture by posting it here. Which declaration do you disagree with? Verses please

3. profile image53

celafoe- You can try and explain and quote verse to ds until your blue in the face. You might as well be talking to a blind Pharisee. I don't even bother to wasting my time with her.

i usually do that but it is a waste of time debating with you .  as a jew your whole outlook and belief system is contrary to that of Christians.

5. profile image0

Celafoe stop calling me derogatory names, I haven't called you anything although I could. I've had enough, now STOP

12. Erin Trefz profile image69
    Erin Trefzposted 10 years ago

No matter what you call the holiday, I think it is why and how you celebrate it.  We celebrate Easter because Jesus died to save all of us sinners.  After he was crucified, he rose from the dead. 
    We are celebrating a couple things:
    1. He died so we can be forgiven (grace)
    2. He rose from the dead, and ascended to Heaven.  He is alive and will come back to bring those who believe back to Heaven with him. 

The good news is that God is patient enough to wait until more people are "saved" or accept this and that Jesus as the way to Heaven.  I will be in Heaven when I die, or when my Savior comes to get me, whichever is first.
    I think you can argue anything, but the basic answer to most of it is: "Jesus' blood" and "Faith."

like most good church folks you do not believe following scripture that tells us not to mix the Holy and  the profane is important in pleasing God and that disobedience ok.     And there is nothing wrong with celebrating bastardized holidays

2. Erin Trefz profile image69
      Erin Trefzposted 10 years agoin reply to this

celafoe, I have just started reading my Bible as I should have been.  I do not know every verse.  What is the verse that talks about this? I would like to read it and address your question better.

Glad to hear you are reading and studying scripture for yourself as this is MOST important.    there are several, i have to go out right now but will send them to you later when I get back

4. cperuzzi profile image90

Actually, that's how Christians celebrate it.  As the Christian Church had adopted the "me too" attitude, they celebrate with the resurrection - which isn't far off from the rebirth of the spring holiday.  Why isn't it on the same day every year?

5. celafoe profile image53

cp-   not the Christian church.    Your reference is to  the  "churches of men"  which profess to be Christian but are not.   The True Christian church does not celebrate any bastardized holidays, as Jesus said  to, they celebrate communion

6. Erin Trefz profile image69

celafoe, I still am waiting for those verses you were going to get to me so I can read up on it and better understand where you are coming from.

7. celafoe profile image53

Erin, I am sorry something came up and  I have not had time, will try to get it to you later today

8. Erin Trefz profile image69

celafoe, I am still waiting on those verses..do they exist?

Erin- i usually answer within hour but it you got my emsil, I have been with a friend going in for heart surgery wed and that was my priority.   I should have time today to answer you, i need time to be sure I give you what you want

10. Erin Trefz profile image69

Will we ever get these Bible verses you have referenced? It has been a long time and every time I ask something has come up.

11. celafoe profile image53

ET-- because I was not able to answer you on here I sent you two emails.   If you did not get them let me know .  check your email and look in the junk file they may be there

12. Erin Trefz profile image69

I don't see & don't have time to go through my spam.  Can you just post them here?

13. TwerkZerker profile image75
    TwerkZerkerposted 9 years ago

I don't know how your church is (and honestly, I'm a little scared to ask), but as for me, my family, and my church, we recognize Easter as a day to celebrate that our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ is risen and alive.

What part of this screams "Ishtar" to you? If people chose to observe shallow pagan traditions on the same day that's their deal. It will neither take away from nor keep me from celebrating my Savior conquering the grave.

PlanksandNailsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

The part that screams "Ishtar" is by your own words, "...we recognize EASTER as a day to celebrate that our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ is risen and alive." Easter has nothing to do with Jesus Christ. Do your research.

tz-- Real Christians believe in and FoLLOW  scripture and not the traditions of men.   That is what hirelings and church folks do in THEIR churches.   Mixing the Holy with the profane is going against the word of God.    Christians do not to that.

3. TwerkZerker profile image75

I'd caution you this: If you're implying (as it seems like) that a person's salvation and new life in Christ is dependent on the way or day of the year that he celebrates, you're wrong. Salvation is not from the works of man. Man can't save himself.

tz-  .  A Christian is one who Repents, accepts,submits to Christ and FOLLOWS Him-- "he who endures to the end SHALL be saved"   MT 10:22, 24:13 & Mk 13:13.  I suggest  you start studying the bible not listening to what men teach but the Holy Spi

5. TwerkZerker profile image75

I'm not perfect by any means, but in the time I've been in Christ, I've yet to come across one instance of him saying "You did that on WHAT day? You're no follower of mine!" Perhaps a pharisee would say such a thing, but...

6. celafoe profile image53

tz-- when you grow up, open your eyes and study for yourself with the guidance of the Holy Spirit instead of man you will see and understand many things they hide from you or lie to you about..   That is  IF you do.
      tradition of mans is not God;s way

14. profile image52
    Amp Leeposted 9 years ago

Simple, part of the Christian machine is big business.  Marketing is important for any organization including religion and faith entities.  There are a great many factions of Christianity and some chose to market to non-believers by making it more friendly to them by adopting their cool celebration and traditions.  Purist would call blasphemy to adopt non believer traditions others would call it being inclusive and a means to add more believers to the cause.  Some would ask "is that something small to add thousands or millions of non-believers to join the ranks by marketing to them and appeal to them so you don't come off so bizarre and different?"  Some would say the ends justify the means.  Others would say your watering down the true meaning which has been the basis of so much Fractioning of the religion over time.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)