jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What's the difference between and out of body experience and dreaming your are o

1. Kenna McHugh profile image87
    Kenna McHughposted 3 years ago

What's the difference between and out of body experience and dreaming your are out of your body?

2. Lady Guinevere profile image59
    Lady Guinevereposted 3 years ago

In a dream you would not feel a jolt coming back into your body if you were having a real OOBE.  I had one a long time ago and still remember it.  That jolt to me felt like the jolt you would have when the rubber band was retracting and it is very fast.

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

I believe it's in the details one observed.
    Generally speaking when it comes to so called "out of body" experiences people are able to relay discussions that took place or state something that took place while they physically could not have been a witness to.
    Dreams however are rarely about events that are actually taking place in those very moments while we were asleep. We usually dream about things that have happened or may happen and sometimes we dream about things we hope will never happen! (Nightmares). :-)

4. The Examiner-1 profile image75
    The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago

A dream is happening within the body during REM sleep within the mind.
    An out of body experience is projecting the soul/body outside of the actual body while asleep, or meditating, sometimes with the possibility of near death - or even actual death.

working