jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

Can a Christian and a Muslim be successfully married?

1. okgirl74 profile image60
    okgirl74posted 3 years ago

Can a Christian and a Muslim be successfully married?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/9049638_f260.jpg

2. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 3 years ago

It would depend on the two people and their willingness to make it work.  My grandmother was a devout Catholic, totally into it - my grandfather a devout atheist - wanted nothing to do with it.  They had a long and successful marriage because they respected the rights of each other to be individuals and they didn't seek to "change" one another etc.  That is what is required when there are fundamental differences in any belief system.  If someone is so rigid in their faith that they seek to convert the other partner etc. maybe not so much.  Can they? It depends smile

3. M. T. Dremer profile image94
    M. T. Dremerposted 3 years ago

It does depend on the individual (as ChristinS said). But, since Islam and Christianity have common roots, it seems like it would be easier to relate than, say, a Muslim and Buddhist. (Though I'm not suggesting that would be hard either.)

okgirl74posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Hi M. T. Dremer..
      Thanks for your feedback and insightfulness.
      .happy blogging!

4. bethperry profile image92
    bethperryposted 3 years ago

I think they certainly can; freely given love and the mutual desire to marry are the foundations of solid families and compassionate societies. The only thing they truly need is the commitment to loving the person their partner truly is, not whom they imagine molding into. Of course, the couple would have to live in an area of the world where the majority is NOT eager to harass, torture and/or kill those that marry outside the mainstream religion. If the couple live in such an intolerant society, I would strongly advise they make great haste together for a tolerant land, where they are free to live and love and be together, as we all should be free to do.

Hi Beth,
      I appreciate your comment. My daughter is now dating someone from a different faith. I once was married to someone of a different faith. It was our finances that tore us apart .  I want her to choose her way. I also want her to be happy.

2. bethperry profile image92
      bethperryposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Gods bless you and your daughter, and I wish her and you much, much happiness smile

5. celafoe profile image58
    celafoeposted 3 years ago

The scriptural answer is clearly NO.   Scripture tells us to not be unequally yoked, so if a Christian marries a non Christian they have disobeyed God'   
    And especially if a Christian marries a muslim there is a bigger problem as muslims are sworn by their satanic bible the koran to destroy all Christians.
    Christians worship God and muslims worship mohammed and satan.    God specifically tell us not to mix the Holy and the profane which such a marriage would do.

Hi,
      What if an individual is already married to a Muslim prior to becoming a Christian, and the spouse does not accept Christ.How should the two handle the situation?

2. celafoe profile image58
      celafoeposted 3 years agoin reply to this

that is  different and more complex.  scripture has the answer. Eph 5, Mt 19:9  it is  more difficult for a woman due to the great differences in the way we are to treat our wives, Christians must love them and muslims can mistreat them as they wish.

3. Disappearinghead profile image78
      Disappearingheadposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Heck your answer is so funny!

working