jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Was the Human race modified by extraterrestrials in the past?

1. mike44moore profile image61
    mike44mooreposted 3 years ago

Was the Human race modified by extraterrestrials in the past?

I'm sure most have watched or at least heard mention of the show Ancient Aliens. The idea that races of off world origin came to earth thousands of years ago and altered the DNA of our ancestors, for a variety of theorized reasons. I enjoy this conversation, and was wondering what your thoughts on it are. Please be open minded and polite to one another, otherwise this is just a Facebook post wink 

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/9080195_f260.jpg

2. Robert the Bruce profile image60
    Robert the Bruceposted 3 years ago

I don't think there's any way to prove that, however it certainly is possible. It's at least as possible as any origin story found in the world religions.

3. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 3 years ago

Probably not. I enjoy watching Ancient Aliens, but none of the evidence they've put forward is convincing enough to rise beyond conspiracy theory. If aliens had a hand in shaping our past, I feel like the evidence of it would be overwhelming, rather than vague clues here and there. I still think it's possible that life on Earth could have been seeded (possibly from an asteroid containing some kind of life) but its equally possible that it started here.

4. lone77star profile image83
    lone77starposted 3 years ago

The possibility remains, certainly, but how are we to know. Evidence is shaky at best.

Sometimes science is a joke, though. Some scientists ignore evidence that doesn't fit into the current world view, so the scientific view has a hard time changing because of ego -- not science!

One geo-archaeologist in Texas refused to accept evidence of extremely old human artifacts at Valsequillo, Mexico. He didn't care what the evidence might be. Other scientists merely ridicule those who question the status quo. Science by ignorance, blindness and ridicule. Alas! It happens more often than most realize.

Take the "Clovis first" dogma as another example. Careers were threatened if someone dug below the Clovis horizon where dangerous, contrary evidence might be found.

Ego cripples nearly every activity of man. That's why angels (aliens?) have helped some of us to stay spiritual so that civilization could persist beyond the action-reaction egotism of dog-eat-dog self-concern.

5. Link10103 profile image74
    Link10103posted 3 years ago

If we were indeed modified by aliens, then they really need to hightail it back and fix their screw up.

1. mike44moore profile image61
      mike44mooreposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I agree!! They really created a monster...

working