jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

What is the essence of human life?

1. cjhunsinger profile image72
    cjhunsingerposted 3 years ago

What is the essence of human life?

That all life is inter-related, that we are, as too, DNA, 98.7 Chimpanzee; what is it that makes Man, Man? What is that uniqueness, that specialness that is absent in all other known life forms, that is possessed by humans alone? Do we define us accurately in our self definition of homo sapiens-sapiens, the wise, the discerning, the intelligent, the reasoning being? But what of a soul and the image and likeness of a god. Is our DNA shared with a god in his image and  likeness?

2. micadeolu profile image47
    micadeoluposted 3 years ago

The answer here is YES! We are in the likeness of nature itself. Let me tell you something funny here. There is no GOD anywhere except a self made GOD created by GOD himself. All life in all forms joined together is that GOD we are looking for. That GOD now created small mirrors where He can keep copies of His Spirit or likeness, should in case there goes a BANG somewhere in creation. That little copies of nature's data is what we all are.
    Do I make some sense here?

cjhunsingerposted 3 years agoin reply to this

micadeolu
      I would like to say yes, but no. Your sentiment I believe is sincere and original. That our physical being is a matter of cell replication, I would agree with.

2. micadeolu profile image47
      micadeoluposted 3 years agoin reply to this

You got the idea. Let's forget ideologies, belief systems and all religious dogmas. Though a pastor, I know that all that matters is LOVE for all. But we must use some religious dogmatism to temper the uninitiated.

3. lone77star profile image84
    lone77starposted 3 years ago

God is non-physical, immortal and a source of creation. That is our image and likeness. The human shell came much later.

The human life is a perfected form for the need of continuity of consciousness. When spirit split and became "ego," it was separate from the whole. It became self-concerned and unloving. It also lost all consciousness and ability to see. These human bodies are our surrogate sight and thought, until we can reawaken as spirit in the love of wholeness.

Nature is part of that wholeness. When we love others as ourselves, without any self-concern, then we will have healed the world.

http://perceivingreality.com

lone--At no point in your post did you claim anything as a truth. therefore I cannot counter a subjective belief. You are right to believe. It only becomes, for me, a matter of contention when it is called at truth.

4. Yousif Mohammed profile image59
    Yousif Mohammedposted 3 years ago

Human beings have free will in whether or not they worship their Creator, this is what makes us different from the rest of creation except one other. What makes us completely unique is the free will and that we are made out of earth and water as well as our shapes, personalities, and decisions in life.

The Lord of the Heavens and Earth's image is indescribable. However there are attributes to the One who created us that can describe the Lord such as The Most Compassionate, The Most Merciful. There are 99 attributes to our Creator if you want to learn about them all.

Yousif I have already learned ofthese attributes and for one who isprone to insecurities and alack of intellectual abilities, they do make perfect sense.You would be betteroff trying to indoctrinate childrenwho are prone to such fantasy,

2. Yousif Mohammed profile image59
      Yousif Mohammedposted 3 years agoin reply to this

You are free to take and dispose what you wish. I could not care less what you believe in. This is what makes us human, we have free will.

What I believe to be true is true, and what you believe to be false is up to you. I hope this answered your ?

3. cjhunsinger profile image72

Yousif--I made a statement, you asked the question. Those who claim a truth are very dangerous people and are prone to great brutality, as is being demonstrated.

working