jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

I'm questioning my beliefs here. Why should we believe and worship a god?

1. Skulduggery Jones profile image77
    Skulduggery Jonesposted 3 years ago

I'm questioning my beliefs here. Why should we believe and worship a god?

Why should we worship and believe, I honesty can not say why I believe and worship my God but  I trust that someone can answer this question.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/9172034_f260.jpg

2. Kathleen Cochran profile image82
    Kathleen Cochranposted 3 years ago

If you are not drawn to it, I wouldn't expend much effort on it.  If it takes a great deal of effort, it's probably not real.  Faith is a gift from God.  You can't manufacture it.

3. Snøwman profile image62
    Snøwmanposted 3 years ago

God is perfect and has life all figured out for us. God is the ultimate teacher. He loves all of us and understands us. We worship him as gratitude for all he does for us.

4. Robert the Bruce profile image61
    Robert the Bruceposted 3 years ago

It's only human to desire a sense of security in this life. That may be why you hold on to certain beliefs without a clear reason for doing so. Not everyone functions with the same amount of security. Some do not need to believe in order to be happy. Others cannot function without it.

5. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 3 years ago

People worship because they need comfort. For some it is comfort in knowing that life doesn't end when they die. For others it is comfort in knowing that the people who do horrible will be punished in the next life. Belief in anything should be questioned from every angle possible before doing it. However some don't feel the need to do that and if they don't it's really none of my business. Personally after looking at religion and the belief in a God in every way I think I can, it makes no sense. I think too many are caught up in the trap of "Don't believe and you'll go to hell" that they stop thinking rationally at what they are believing.
    "If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, we are a sorry lot indeed." Albert Einstein

6. profile image51
    LillMercyposted 3 years ago

The question is, why not? If there is a God and your soul rests in heaven, it would be the best ever! If there is not a god, then you really haven't lost anything except maybe some time you would have probably wasted away anyways.

7. profile image0
    Lybrahposted 3 years ago

Hang in there.  He is risen and He is coming back.

8. krillco profile image95
    krillcoposted 3 years ago

Your words may indicate your source of confusion: 'belief' and 'faith' are not the same, though very similar. The former is about cognition (thinking) and logic, as well as early socialization experiences from your family and culture. The latter is more centered in the 'emotional' brain, which, while having capacity for logic, also relies on a deeper 'knowing' of the heart. In addition, 'religion' and 'spirituality' are likewise similar, but not the same. I would encourage you to find a qualified Pastoral Counselor or Spiritual Director (not just any 'pastor' will do, and in fact, you might want to avoid them).

working