Why do people who don't believe in God spend so much of there time saying the Bi

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (13 posts)
  1. heavenbound5511 profile image78
    heavenbound5511posted 7 years ago

Why do people who don't believe in God spend so much of there time saying the Bible and God...

aren't real?
    In saying this if these people don't believe in God or His word why waste so much time? They existence in God and His word is proven true by such strong unbelief. God is the one that is causing them not to be able to rest or have peace on this subject because He doesn't want them to forget that He is there.God's going to exhaust these people to bring them face to face with Jesus the only one that can save them.So why? If were wasting our time, which were not-why waste your time on the subject of God or His word if it's really nothing and not true?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/4241383_f260.jpg

2. Pandoras Box profile image66
    Pandoras Boxposted 7 years ago

Well, cause, we're afraid you guys will eventually destroy the world.

3. profile image0
    Jake Gene Barnesposted 7 years ago

I find religion to be an interesting topic of study and debate.

It's not "a waste of time" because it entertains me.

It's like going to a movie or playing a board game. Nothing is really being accomplished, but it's still fun to do.

BTW, to say that someone debating the existence of your god makes him real is a ridiculous argument of which the logic is extremely flawed.

If I walk up to a "sports fanatic" and tell him that, "The Bulls never won a Championship," he is going to debate me until the cows come home.

I could then say (using your logic), "Since you're debating it so much then that's PROOF that they never won a Championship."

Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't make YOU right. That's just silly to say.

Also, I will sometimes be talking with my fellow "non-believers" (sometimes in these forums and sometimes in the real world), and will - invariably - be attacked by some Christian who's "pissed off" that we would dare to even think of questioning their God.

So - using your logic - these Christians that come and "debate" us are just proving us right. See? Doesn't make any sense does it?

If you don't enjoy debate (which I doubt is the case) or you would like people to stop questioning your beliefs, then simply keep it between you, your family, and your church.

However, if you come to me and tell me that:

1. I have inherited the original sin of Adam and Eve.
    2. I require the salvation of the blood sacrifice of Jesus Christ.
    3. That there is only ONE God and his name is Yahweh.
    4. That your particular brand of "Bronze-age Palestinian" mythology is the ONE TRUE religion.
    5. That the earth is 6,000 years old.
    6. That the Grand Canyon was created by the Flood of Noah.
    7. That there was ever a "world-wide flood" around 4,000 years ago.
    8. That the Jews were slaves in Egypt (although ALL evidence suggests otherwise).
    9. etc. etc. etc.

Then you better be ready for a debate. Because just like that "sports fanatic" I mentioned earlier I am a "Fact Fanatic," and will ask you to support your claims with VERIFIABLE, EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE. Something NO religious person has ever managed to do.

Anyway, like I said, I enjoy debate.

4. lostdogrwd profile image60
    lostdogrwdposted 7 years ago

2st by reading the bible you know how unworthy you are and it can convict you and people jut don't like that but, its also teaches you the way to. and Jehovah will harden an unbeliever heart to.

5. tom_caton profile image79
    tom_catonposted 7 years ago

Personally because people keep asking them about it.

6. profile image0
    Sophia Angeliqueposted 7 years ago

Because we are continually beset by people who want to speak to us by God. We don't believe there is a God. That's not because we haven't studied the topic. Recent research showed that atheists knew the bible better than Christians did.

We do not talk about god amongst ourselves.

However, if everytime we are in the presence of someone who insists about taling about God, it gets rather irritating. So, in order to move off the topic, we tell them that there's no such thing. Hopefully, theyre sensitive enough to cues and change the topic.

Not such luck.

So what must we do? Sit there and listen to it all day when we're rather be talking about something that actually has some justification?

7. wilbury4 profile image70
    wilbury4posted 7 years ago

Firstly, the existance of God is usually throw into a disbelievers face, his/her response is to deny his existance. Simple as that?

8. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

why is it that some religious people spend all day on here trying to use quotes and parables and predictions to prove how informed they are then later complain when people who think for themselves debate whether they are right or wrong. ?

9. kess profile image61
    kessposted 7 years ago

Because each has already judged the other as false, not realising that by such a judgment then have already proven themselves to be false in themselves, 

because neither knows Truth so they must defend their "Truth" which is actually their falacy.

10. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 7 years ago

why do people ramble on and speak for god like you know what is going on in his head.  If you have been privy to see him much less get all this first hand information why are you still on earth talking gibberish.  You should be at another level as well as "helping" those who need what you have to offer.  You people kill me because you know nothing.  You're just repeating what you heard someone say in church.  As well as separating yourself in the name of I'm better than you.  You have no shame in pointing your finger and damning someone to hell while you raise your head as though you know that you're going to heaven.  ok if you say so.........omg I can't believe that, you'll know you're worthy wth!

11. Leafy Den profile image78
    Leafy Denposted 7 years ago

From my own experience, others beliefs were forced on me since I was born and I lived in a household that was dominated by talk of God and the Bible - but in a very dark and controlling way. Meanwhile, many of the same people around me who were so keen to ensure that I was indoctrinated into their beliefs also showed what hypocritical and base characters they could be underneath their "Godly" exterior when they thought nobody was looking. If their God exists, why do they think he or she only watches when it is convenient for them (ie, not doing something wrong)? If God exists, certainly he or she is constant, omnipresent and omniscent.

These beliefs were forced upon me all those years by those who really didn't live what they preached. Certainly, it is fair for me to, with all sincerity, share my beliefs/questions with others who either had similar experiences or explore how others were able to come to the conclusion that there is no God.

Personally, I am glad that people can discuss their disbelief in God as much as there are those who can discuss their certainty that God does exist. It's a worthy and meaningful subject of discussion/debate and could change someone's life - hopefully for the better, to be able to come to their own conclusions with the help of others' experiences.

12. gg.zaino profile image80
    gg.zainoposted 7 years ago

i believe that the answer lies in the fact, that because of religion the multitudes of our species walk blindly believing in saviors, sin, ritual superstition, guilt, shame and all the other horrors of knee bending lepers. Religious leaders are a Pariah on humanity... the answer only resides within the individual, If a God is what you need believe so be it. If your God does exist, "It's" very disappointed in its creation and all the murder done in its name. wake up!

13. dianajorossano profile image37
    dianajorossanoposted 6 years ago

It's the Holy Spirit. It's called, "conviction."

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)