jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

If God is all-knowing; is free choice an illusion?

1. cjhunsinger profile image72
    cjhunsingerposted 3 years ago

If God is all-knowing; is free choice an  illusion?

It is said that one has a choice between good and evil and that choice determines ones ultimate destiny of heaven or hell. However, if a god is all-knowing, past, present and future and that "--each hair on your head is numbered." your choice is all ready known and too, your destination of a heaven or hell, before you were born. Can you have free choice and an all-knowing god? Is your ultimate destiny pre-determined?

2. Snøwman profile image61
    Snøwmanposted 3 years ago

You are free to choose, but God knows what choices you will make. You chose your destiny, but God knows what you will choose. It's hard to explain it, but I hope you understand what I'm saying.

cjhunsingerposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Snowman--Before the universe god knew your life, its ending and final destination. If true your life is predetermined. If not, god is not all-knowing.

3. WiccanSage profile image95
    WiccanSageposted 3 years ago

It doesn't work that way in my religion. There's no heaven or hell, for one thing, no eternal damnation vs. eternal reward.

But the way I see it, there can't be hell and free choice. That's not choice, that's coercion.

cjhunsingerposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Wiccan
      I would agree. Please tell me though , what great truth does Wiccan hold for humanity?

working