Do you think God exists?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)
  1. Jasdeep-Singh profile image61
    Jasdeep-Singhposted 9 years ago

Do you think God exists?

2. davidlivermore profile image93
    davidlivermoreposted 9 years ago

I've been asking myself that question lately.  I really don't know.  I don't consider myself religious, but I have questions that are unanswered.  I'm scared to believe but I'm scared not to believe.

I do believe there is a higher power.  One that is benevolent.

1. Robert the Bruce profile image59
      Robert the Bruceposted 9 years agoin reply to this

It's not necessary to be religious in order to believe in a Higher Power. Religions are the creations of men. If there is a God, the best way to learn about him would be through nature, not these man-made religions. I hope you find peace, David.

3. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 9 years ago

Yes. I believe with every fiber within me that there is a God. All one must do is have faith. Just look around at the beauty that God has created.

4. Rich Emanon profile image57
    Rich Emanonposted 9 years ago

Jasdeep! Wow, the perpetual question! I believe the answer to that question does however lie within the "holy bible." I myself am not religious. But, I have studied the bible extensively. In so many words throughout the "bible" it basically says a "god" is whatever you worship. The god of christians, muslims or so called "almighty god" is no different. There is no tangible proof of any god except that you or me worship it, him, her or them.
    Beyond man's worship and or belief, there is no proof any god exists.

5. profile image0
    Colin323posted 9 years ago

I don't believe in an external deity or deities. But I believe there is a God or good life force within us all. The strength of the life force for good, which is altruistic behaviour, based on tolerance of all beliefs, is located at any one time on a spectrum, from very strong to very weak. But we have the option and responsibility to change our behaviour, thus to locate it at any point on the 'line' of good versus evil. Was the life force/God/good given to us from 'without'? I know not. This makes me an agnostic.

6. profile image52
    Shannekinposted 9 years ago

The question of whether God exists or not has always been an easy one for me to answer. I believe that each individual human being is their own God. I believe that the universe's higher power gave us the tools, resources, and standards upon which to live by. Not so that we may live in fear of his persecution, but rather to live in fear of our own. Whomever was responsible for creating mankind did not intend on watching over us like children or punishing us like children. He or she provided us with the standards, quality, and understanding of what is acceptable and what is not. Unfortunately, the majority of people are much too afraid to live with such freedom and such responsibility. Most cannot handle believing that they are as powerful or significant as their all mighty god. I refuse to deem a "God" as sacred as I deem myself.

7. Caleb DRC profile image75
    Caleb DRCposted 9 years ago

Of course He exists, and it is not something I think; it is something I know. We are inundated with undeniable proof of His existence. I will acknowledge that God, through Christ, had to call me, draw me, and give me faith and the ability to act upon that faith in order to comply to His commandments; nevertheless, I have trouble identifying my belief in God as faith( as we understand it). One does not ask his wife if she exists, or get in his car and ponder its existence, or walk up to the information desk of a 400,000 ton skyscraper enclosing 40 million cubic feet with the question, "Does this skyscraper exists?" Why does he not ask, ponder or question these things? Because he is inundated with the evidence of their existence. It would be absurd to ask, ponder and question these things. This is the way it is with my belief in God. The evidence is so overpowering as to His existence it reaches beyond faith to just knowing it to be a fact.

8. profile image0
    Antoine Van Hoveposted 9 years ago

I declare myself incapable to determine this.
    While I tend to think there is no outside god, I am unable to see anything not god. Only our ego mind seems to create and observe a division between what is god. And what not.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)