jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

A man can shape his destiny, do you agree?

1. m abdullah javed profile image78
    m abdullah javedposted 3 years ago

A man can shape his destiny, do you agree?

2. Glenda Motsavage profile image82
    Glenda Motsavageposted 3 years ago

Yes, absolutely!  I firmly believe that our decisions determine our destiny (for good, or for bad!).

m abdullah javedposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Glenda. What do you mean by destiny? Is it comprises of whole life or pertains to day today affairs? If its for whole life we can't say for sure right now, if its for day today affairs, we have to look what was decided & what achieved so f

3. favored profile image36
    favoredposted 3 years ago

Yes I do. Life and death are in the power of the tongue, which pertains to your existence.  We sow seeds into our own lives by our actions. What we plant will grow if nurtured, and that like Glenda says, refers to good or bad (evil).

Thanks for the Favored.

4. mikejhca profile image93
    mikejhcaposted 3 years ago

I agree. People can shape their destiny through their thoughts and actions.  They make choices. You can't control everything but you can control your thoughts and your actions. That gives you a lot of control. However other people and forces also shape your destiny. So you don't have total control.

You are shaping your destiny everyday even if you believe you have no control. When people act like they have no control they usually end up with outcomes they don't want but it is still because of the choices they made.

I do agree but if shaping ones destiny is that easy then why there are ups and downs in the society?

2. mikejhca profile image93
      mikejhcaposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Ups and downs in society are usually caused by people spending a lot  and then saving. They are also caused by people destroying renewable resources. What other people do affects your destiny because you live in a society.

5. manatita44 profile image84
    manatita44posted 3 years ago

The twins of God's Grace and Self-effort go together. It is said that man is ultimately responsible, or the maker of his own destiny. Man speaks of 'free will' and as such exploits or take advantage of this concept. This is still all part of the plan of a Source which gives him 'limited freedom. This same Source can nullify Destiny, if it is It's Will. Grace is the last word.

The Saint says: "O God, I remember You, because You remembered me first.' The God-man tells us that ultimately the day will come, when we will see that even the self-effort, came as a result of God's Grace. Man is a product of a birthless and deathless Source, which is always in charge. Om Shanti!

6. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 3 years ago

Yes, and if he doesn't than he is like the a tumbleweed that blows randomly through life

Thanks Deborah for the response.

working