jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is religion a gateway for your passing in life or piece of mind ?

1. Peter Bardsley profile image60
    Peter Bardsleyposted 3 years ago

Is religion a gateway for your passing in life or piece of mind ?

Is religion a vail in which people wish not to look past and stay behind due to a comfort for a happy ending within ones life or is there more to life than what meets the eye?

2. profile image56
    Norine Williamsposted 3 years ago

No! Not as the world defines "Religion (Man-made/traditional)!" However, if you "truly" do what is written in Scripture, YES - Jesus' Doctrine is "a gateway for your passing in life and piece of mind!"   One must do as II Timothy 2:15 says, to be able to do what Ephesians 3:4 says, because Jesus' Doctrine is as Ephesians 2:20 says! Thereafter, you will be able to do as Hebrews 6:1-2 says!  If done, you will not have to worry about "a gateway for your passing in life" or "eternal life" nor piece of mind!"

3. lone77star profile image85
    lone77starposted 3 years ago

Religion has a lots of possibilities. Superstition to explain the world. Salve to soothe the mind in a troubling world. Dogma to help a few control the masses. Perversion of a higher truth. Or body of wisdom to help those who are interested awaken spiritually.

For some, Love is the only true religion. This is the love of perfect altruism -- vividly aware of physical reality, but conscious of a higher, spiritual reality which governs everything we see, here in this world.

The key barrier is Ego -- self-concern. This one trait of man has perverted all religions, governments, sciences, businesses and more.

Jesus talked about this barrier. He said that those who are First (egoists) shall be last; and those who are Last (humble and loving of others as themselves) shall be first.

In other words, the way out of suffering is not by force or belief, but by sacrificing the Ego-self and looking outward toward service to others.

4. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

to me, religion is a way to ask for peace, safety and help when i need one. I was taught to pray since at age 5