jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (19 posts)

What if...? The words of this song came to my mind.

1. blessedp profile image82
    blessedpposted 4 years ago

What if...?

The words of this song came to my mind.

What if God is unhappy with our praise?
    What if God is unhappy with the way we live?
    What if He is not pleased with the way we give?
    What if he takes away His love and His Spirit from above?

Does your living pleases Him?

2. Disappearinghead profile image77
    Disappearingheadposted 4 years ago

I gave up worrying about trying to please God everyday. It only leads to unfulfilled manmade religious efforts that leads to miserry. Much better to just get on with life, love ourselves for who we are, and live in accordance with our good consciences. If God has a problem with us, he'll sort it out if he feels like it; we don't need to go looking for imperfections in ourselves.

Anyway he won't take away his love because his love endures forever.

blessedpposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Disappearinghead, if we adhere to God's word there would be no need to worry about pleasing Him. God does not look at religion He looks at the heart of man. True, His love endures forever. Thanks for your comment.

3. Born Again 05 profile image80
    Born Again 05posted 4 years ago

There is nothing you can do that will make God love you any less or any more than He does. We love Him because He first loved us! The Holy Spirit that indwells each believer guides our steps provided that we follow His will. Listening to Him surely pleases our Heavenly Father.

1. Disappearinghead profile image77
      Disappearingheadposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Are you suggesting that the one who said will never leave us or forsake us, will actually forsake us if we don't meet certain conditions?

2. profile image0
      Deborah Sextonposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Disappearinghead
      What Paul quoted in Hebrews 13:5 Was actually words coming from God and spoken of by Moses to Israel. They were not words God gave to you nor to me.

Deuteronomy 31:1,8

4. RealityTalk profile image60
    RealityTalkposted 4 years ago

I choose not to worry what anyone thinks.  I am not perfect at this endeavor, but that is my philosophy.  I try to live a good life.  First caring for my wife and children, then my extended family, then friends, then neighbors and then everyone else.  I do not mean to "rate" people, but that is the reality of how most of us think.  My wife and children are the center of my world.

I do not believe in the god of any known organized religion, but I do believe in love, non-violence, patience, concern and caring for loved ones and people I may never meet.  I believe if a god exists and that god is as loving as claimed by organized religion, god will love indiscriminately - whether his existence is acknowledged or not - as long as one tries to live a good life of caring and concern for others and a respect for all living things as well as life itself.

1. profile image0

As soon as we put any qualities upon Divinity we limit the Source-of-All. A Merciful Divinity does not have the Righteous severity of being just. A Divinity which is limited cannot be the Ultimate Divinity
      Don't limit God

2. yupperclub profile image74
      yupperclubposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I think you do believe in God and don't realize it.  You need not believe in godz or gods, but the One Powerful Almighty is One who guides along the path you are already taking.

5. GwennyOh profile image85
    GwennyOhposted 4 years ago

I feel that living up to my own standards of what I need to do is most important.  We all know, without needing to be sermonized, what our requirements as spiritual beings consist of. 

I don't concern myself with disappointing higher power.  I know my judgements are sound.

blessedpposted 4 years agoin reply to this

@GwennyOh we all have our own personal beliefs and choices. But one who doesn't believe in the higher powers that be wouldn't truly understand.  Thanks for your comment.

6. yupperclub profile image74
    yupperclubposted 4 years ago

Think of God as your BEST FRIEND and not your MASTER.  If you look at it that way, I'm sure if you make a mistake, He'll help you in His own way.  God has a way of giving guidance.  Things happen.  You'll wonder why, but trust you are being lead in the right direction.  Do the best you can...no one is GOD.  He does not EXPECT perfection from His little human beans.  You're just a Bean!  Think He's not going to watch out for your most bestest growth?  When you reach "Being" is only when God will let you try things on your own a little.  But MIND YOU, He'll be watching!

7. Tusitala Tom profile image62
    Tusitala Tomposted 4 years ago

I tend to agree with the writings of Neale Donald Walsch in his book, 'What God Wants.'  Neale wrote a series of best selling books and, in particular, a trio called 'Conversations with God' Books One, Two and Three.   These books were taken down via Automatic Writing, something I'm also able to do - so I believe in its verity as a source.   

So what does, Neale's message from God read as to what He/She/It wants of us.  Well, if you turn to the page which tells us specifically you find that it is BLANK.   And deliberately blank.  For God wants nothing of us, nothing at all.   Any wanting is done by parts of our own selves, it seems.   And, no, we don't have to please Him/Her/It at all.

8. c mark walker profile image61
    c mark walkerposted 4 years ago

I believe in the Bible verse 1 John 4:8 Whoever does not  love does not know God for God is love.
    When we get caught up in philosophy,theology, and religion then history enters in to the equation and we shudder at the thought of God's vengeance. If God is love there is no vindictive omnipresent dictator because then "God" would be an oxymoron.
    All of you know about writing and how easy it is the inject personal opinions into your works. Ancient man did the same thing portraying God as a destroyer when the author felt it suited his needs. If God is love,God is not vengeful.
    Jesus said in John 15:17 Love each other,I command you. If we are commanded to love each other then we cannot hate each other and God being "love" cannot hate us......I hope this is true. I do worry about the question your posing because of that fear of God instilled in us all since our education began but I pray that God is love.

9. local connection profile image79
    local connectionposted 4 years ago

I believe that God is ever-patient, and does not jump to judge with any given moment.  Humans explore, and our deepest intentions are understood by him.  Maybe we shouldn't worry so much about if we are pleasing him or not.  If we are at peace with this, it is much more likely that we will be happy and enjoy our life experiences with others as opposed to creating the tension that could lead to hurting others around us.

1. yupperclub profile image74

God is not a "patient" - He does not "Judge."  Beliefs and actions are Freedom of Choice and Freedom of Action and Movement.  That's YOUR decision - Nothing to do with God at all.  You better believe he passes by your soul and reads your mind.

10. Andy McGuire profile image78
    Andy McGuireposted 4 years ago

I don't think God gives much thought to it. Here's an even more haunting question: What if we were God's (failed) prototype and he moved on to another part of the universe and created a much better human race?

1. yupperclub profile image74

Very possible...I believe He was about to...God always has the option of re-doing an experiment should one fail...He can move on to the next.  But He waits for the ENTIRE experiment to run its course before He abandons His promises.

2. profile image0

I believe there were others before us. Look at Genesis 1:28
      And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth.
      The word "replenish" hints at it.

working