jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Religion a dying topic?

1. Peter Bardsley profile image59
    Peter Bardsleyposted 3 years ago

Religion a dying topic?

My opinion that not all religion but amongst the United Kingdom we as individuals look for an alternative outlet such as sport i.e. football passionate, dedicated and willing to follow and back in ones life and believes in every game. your thoughts ?

2. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

Peter I see you joined HP seven days ago. I believe you will find religion to be one of the most discussed topics here in the Q&A section of HP. Religion doesn't appear to be a dying topic here! smile

1. Peter Bardsley profile image59
      Peter Bardsleyposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I understand that my concern is that as many people have lost or dont seem to follow a religion as such and choose to be a atheist or agnostic do they simply decide to look else where for an outlet

2. dashingscorpio profile image88
      dashingscorpioposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Just because one does not belong to an organized religion doesn't mean they do not believe in God or a higher power. It's my opinion  that one does not need an organization or a middleman/minster to have a relationship with God.

3. profile image58
      Norine Williamsposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I certainly hope it's a dying topic since it is "man-made!"

3. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 3 years ago

Basing my comment off the comment you provided dashing, I have to say what exactly do I need an outlet for? Religion is man made. It is no different than anything else. So if your question is really do atheists find comfort in other things instead of religion, yes we do. I don't need to look to religion when I can look to my family. I don't need religion to feel comfortable with my existence, I have myself for that. I don't exactly understand the OP.

1. dashingscorpio profile image88
      dashingscorpioposted 3 years agoin reply to this

peeples, I agree with you. Man made religion.

working