What is the nature of God? Where does the empirical evidence reside?

1. ananceleste profile image75
    anancelesteposted 3 years ago

What is the nature of God? Where does the empirical evidence reside?

If God has so many incarnations (different religions and beliefs), which one is the correct one, or at least represents the true nature of God?

2. Diagoras profile image60
    Diagorasposted 3 years ago

A very good question, but, I am afraid, the answers will not have the same quality. There is no empirical evidence for a gods existence, let alone evidence for his/her/its nature or personality. .
    If you choose to believe in a god, then you will define it's nature according to what is accommodating to your own personalty. If you are an "A" personality, you will define your god accordingly and if you are a passive individual, then your god will be represented as a sheep herder, void of aggressive tendencies.
    It all comes down to what you want to believe a god is or that, perhaps, it is not reasonable that a god exists in the first place,
    All the personality traits that are now ascribed to a god can be found in the ancient gods of Assyria, India, Greece and Rome, from the vengeful and thunderous to the meek and mild. Monotheistic beliefs simply took those traits, which suited them, at the time, and wove them into a singular model.
    What someone else may believe is not important,  because it is just that, a belief. If one decides that a god is needed in his life then that god will reflect the personality, the character and nature of that person. If no god is needed, then the personality or nature of the person is manifested in themselves and the vicarious living through a god is not needed, .

3. lone77star profile image84
    lone77starposted 3 years ago

God is Love. The only True religion is Love. This is what Yehoshua of Nazareth taught. It's also what Gautama Siddhartha Buddha, Lao Tzu and the authentic Kabbalists were talking about.

Ego (self-concern) has polluted their message and corrupted religion into something dogmatic and unworkable spiritually.

The empirical evidence resides in the existence of physical reality and the harmony of nature.

Self-concern (Ego) is the root of all evil and the antithesis of Love. All suffering in the world is borne out of self-concern.

I have seen some startling evidence of my own -- miracles that bend or break the laws of physical reality, because they come from the superior realm of spirit.

Here's an article I wrote on science and religion that touches on some of these topics:

http://thebibleshiddenwisdom.com/scienc … ligion.php

working