jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Do you believe in karma? Why or why not?

1. Caitlyn Ramos profile image82
    Caitlyn Ramosposted 3 years ago

Do you believe in karma? Why or why not?

Share with us your beliefs in karma. Does it exist? Is it a possibility? Why do you believe or why not? Share your stories!

2. nadinelopo profile image61
    nadinelopoposted 3 years ago

Yes!!! I think that people who do bad things to other people will eventually have bad things happen to them. I have an ex friend who once cheated in a relationship and the next relationship she was in, he cheated on her.

Caitlyn Ramosposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I've seen things like that happen and I was wondering if I was the only one noticing these things. Good to know others see it too!

3. askformore lm profile image71
    askformore lmposted 3 years ago

I believe that good deeds will be rewarded (sooner or later).
    And that bad deeds will result in negative results.
    These facts are enough explanation for me! Whether it is called karma or something else is not important. Nor does it matter for me whether the reward or Nemesis is experienced before or after death.

Caitlyn Ramosposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I love your thoughts on karma, thank you for sharing. It's interesting that you say karma (or whatever it is) can transcend into death. That's something to ponder.

4. lone77star profile image83
    lone77starposted 3 years ago

Yes, karma is real. It is just as much a part of this action-reaction universe as rocket thrust and rocket motion.

We were each created in the image and likeness of God. Yet, God is not Homo sapiens. Thus, the real us are not Homo sapiens, either. We are potentially baby gods, when we finally decide to wake up, spiritually. But the power of creation is still there. When someone fears death, they receive death. When someone feels unlucky, they continue to be a jinx on life. When someone feels prosperous, they attract prosperity. When they feel loved, they will attract love, because they are creating love.

Karma is merely the reaction to one's action. As it says in Numbers 14:18, the sins of the fathers will be visited upon the children 3-4 generations hence. God is "slow to anger." This is code for the fact that karma doesn't necessarily happen right away. And this is a good thing. The 3-4 generations gives the perpetrator enough time to live out his corrupt life, die, be born again, and to grow up to the point where he will appreciate the boomerang he threw in his prior life. The hardened heart of the perpetrator will likely be softened by the mystery of the apparently undeserved misfortune. "Why, God? Why is this happening to me?" Their heart is now open. They may be willing to receive the answer.

Karma is never "bad." Karma is always an opportunity to learn -- to awaken the True self and to put the separate, egoistic pseudo-self to rest. Karma is an opportunity to turn from Ego to Love.

1. Robert the Bruce profile image59
      Robert the Bruceposted 3 years agoin reply to this

How is anyone supposed to know they've lived in a former life?