jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

When do you feel the most disappointed in yourself?

1. Doris Dancy profile image79
    Doris Dancyposted 3 years ago

When do you feel the most disappointed in yourself?

There are times in life when things don't go exactly as we wish them to go.  Sometimes we don't handle this well.

2. profile image57
    Ian Mooneposted 3 years ago

In my opinion Doris the only thing we can do when bad things happen in our life, is to use it as a great chance to see how we control our emotions feelings & thoughts about the situation we find ourselves in....Once something bad has happened to us there's nothing we can do to prevent it, & so whether we take it well or not we can't change what's already done....I mean most people don't realise, that that's what those situations are there for so we can learn....We all to some extent have trouble controlling our emotions feelings & thoughts, & so we need some situations/experiences to practice against manifesting negative reactions to something that we can't change....So if anything unwanted happens to you or someone says something you don't like, you say to yourself great a chance to train myself in how to handle unwanted situations or people....The unwanted emotions will start in your stomach/chest area, & so see if when you feel them rising you can find a way to let them go. :-)

Doris Dancyposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Ian ~ I smiled at your comment about the reactions in the stomach/chest…that has happened to me so many times.  I try, however, to live by a lesson my Mom taught me ~Your reaction is more important than what actually happened.

3. manatita44 profile image84
    manatita44posted 3 years ago

When I do wrong things, my Sweet. It is not that they would not or should not happen, as it's a part of growth. Still, I feel that I've let God down; that I have not been the best that I could be. Again, in my experience, this leads to an irritable state of consciousness, which in turn tend to have an overspill on one's friends or acquaintances.

Let me emphasize that this is not the kind of disappointment or sadness that keeps me down, as due to the capacity given to me by Him to accept, I recover quickly. Nevertheless, it does make me a bit sad, however fleeting.

I also feel a kind of sadness when I'm not able to exercise my expertise, clinical strengths that I have but is suppressed, like in a work setting. When do you feel the most disappointed Dee? Drop me a line.

Hi Manatita, My Friend ~ Thank you for your excellent and forthright comment.  I can't imagine that you do too many things wrong since you stay in the Word. We all sin and fall short sometimes, but  you are conscience of this and set parameters.

4. Ericdierker profile image57
    Ericdierkerposted 3 years ago

Doris after my short 57 years here I have come to realize that I am not in control. And so my greatest disappointments in myself come when I try to take control. Nowadays I do not even care what the outcome is -- if it was my outcome and not the Lord's then I failed. Even if it seems right, if I forced it through my own thoughts if falls short and so do I. I have got to let go and let God.
    (otherwise it is when my garden does not do well ;-)

Wow!  What a wonderful lesson to learn.  More importantly, when we learn to live life with this kind of knowledge, we can't help but be a better person..  Fantastic!

5. aesta1 profile image91
    aesta1posted 3 years ago

When I was asked for help and I failed to respond.

So true.  That has happened to me and you never seem to forget your own failure in this situation.  It is a lasting lessons, and helps you to try never to repeat this again.

working