jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

To those who believe in metaphysics & other New Age spiritualities, do you belie

1. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

To those who believe in metaphysics & other New Age spiritualities, do you believe that one

chooses his parents, lifescripts, life circumstances & other events, good &/or bad before he/she is born in order to learn a spiritual lesson?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12126781_f260.jpg

2. MermaidMoney profile image79
    MermaidMoneyposted 3 years ago

Yes however more bad can happen to you here than you had planned because our guides cannot always see the negative influence coming your way.  They operate at such  a high level that they have a hard time seeing evil.  We are here to experience for God.  So we wrote our own life charts and usually we are too ambitious and choose too much! smile

3. manatita44 profile image83
    manatita44posted 3 years ago

Yes. These things are not usually known. Sometimes I say that the only reason that I seem to know a little more than others, is not that I am any wiser, just that I sat at the feet of a man of God for 32 years. Yes, this is Sri Chinmoy's teachings. The Soul chooses. I would only add that everything is either sanctioned, approved or tolerated by the Supreme.

But in this case, they generally work in harmony. Much peace, Grace

4. Electro-Denizen profile image84
    Electro-Denizenposted 3 years ago

The conventional view would be to say: there is no life after death, so the whole idea of 'choosing parents' is a new level of ridiculous...

...but my experience is that it is true. We choose a house to suit our needs, or a job.... Dynamics on earth are really an imitation of dynamics higher up.

Free will... in an ideal sense just doesn't exist (perhaps in small things). Rather, we need the illusion of free will to learn from.

5. Sri T profile image80
    Sri Tposted 3 years ago

If we do, we have no memory of it, so there is no point to it. When you catch the ball at birth, you hit the ground running. Everything, every choice, as an adult is yours from then on. The previous lives or the afterlife is irrelevant. You have to deal with the now.  When you get to the afterlife, deal with that then, if there is one.

6. LaughingRain profile image82
    LaughingRainposted 3 years ago

yes to the question. however amnesia of other lives is set up here. I received a memory only because I asked, and then it wasn't a pleasant memory but it explained why my life was such as it was. if I'd known as a child it wouldn't have helped me fulfill the mission the soul had set out to do. I did choose my mother and I did remember a time when we were not blood related. it was for a good purpose that she and I would work out our relationship from a higher perspective.

working