How does your church choose new leaders when current leaders die or are unable t

1. kbdressman profile image94
    kbdressmanposted 2 years ago

How does your church choose new leaders when current leaders die or are unable to continue leading?

2. favored profile image36
    favoredposted 2 years ago

Some are voted in and others are appointed depending on the position.

3. profile image56
    Norine Williamsposted 2 years ago

I don't know how "religion" does it, but it should be done according to Scripture!  When the "First Church" (Which should be our guide as Disciples of Christ, Acts 2:42) was established on the Day of Pentecost (Acts 1:23-24;26, the apostles "appointed" two, Joseph, called Bar'sabbas, who was surnamed Justus, and Matthias. Then they "prayed," and said, Thou, Lord, who knowest the hearts of all men, "show which of these two THOU has chosen." And they gave forth their "lots" (votes); and the lot fell upon Matthias, and he was numbered with the eleven apostles."

Everything, I mean "everything," that one needs answered is in Scripture.  It is our job as Disciples of Christ, to "Study" (II Timothy 2:15). For if one does, he/she will be able to move into the dispensation in which "we currently live," under the New Covenant (Grace and Truth), and from "tradition" as "religion" has taught us!

The gospel of Christ is what we should adhere to!  Galatians 1:6-9 says (v6) "I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ "unto another gospel," (v7) Which is not another; but these are some that trouble you, and would pervert "the gospel of Christ." (v8) But though we, or an angel from heaven, "preach any other gospel" unto you than that which we have preached unto you, "let him be accursed." (v9) As we said before, so say I now again, "If any man preach "any other gospel" unto you than that ye have received, "let him be accursed!"

Did you hear the phrase "Let him be accursed?"  Be careful "believers!"  The Holy Spirit (Jesus) was speaking through Paul in Acts; therefore, Jesus is telling us if you do not follow the apostles' doctrine as stated in Acts 2:42, (which is not the apostles' doctrine but Jesus' Doctrine for Jeremiah 31:33; Hebrews 8:10;10:16 applies here), "You will be accursed!!!

Let's move from "tradition" and do as the Word of God says in the Dispensation in which we currently live under the New Covenant (Grace and Truth)!  Let's move "Beyond the Cross!"  (Fay, 2015)