Do you believe Jesus died only for His Bride, the Church of Christ?

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (37 posts)
  1. Craan profile image76
    Craanposted 9 years ago

Do you believe Jesus died only for His Bride, the Church of Christ?

2. Perspycacious profile image63
    Perspycaciousposted 9 years ago

No, for Christ died that all might live through the Atonement.

1. Craan profile image76
      Craanposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Acts 2:38, Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. This act places you in the Church of Christ, the one He died for.

2. Lady Guinevere profile image67
      Lady Guinevereposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Peter said that, not Jesus.

3. celafoe profile image55
      celafoeposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Lg---she said that Peter said that

3. Robert the Bruce profile image60
    Robert the Bruceposted 9 years ago

If there were enough evidence that it really happened, then yes. But seeing that the foundations of Christianity are based on hear-say, word-of-mouth traditions, and unreliable second-hand writings and stories that are strikingly similar to other religions, I would have to say "no."

1. Craan profile image76

There are heaps of clear evidence that Christ started His Church of Christ in Jerusalem in AD33 when he resurrected from the dead at 9:00 am on that Sunday morning, Robert and Bruce.

2. JMcFarland profile image69
      JMcFarlandposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Produce it.   Keep in mind that the Bible is not evidence.   The Bible is the claim.   Now produce the myriads of proof that exist,  as you claim.

3. Craan profile image76

The Bible is the inspired word of the Holy Spirit written by the Apostles and Moses hand. You must believe by Faith that Jesus is the Son of God and came to save His Bride. The evidence is everywhere, JMcFarland, simply look around you and breathe.

4. JMcFarland profile image69

So you're saying existence is evidence that an executed jew cane back to life?   You know that saying it doesn't make it true,  right?   You said you had evidence. Faith is believing something without evidence.   You didn't tell the truth.

5. Lady Guinevere profile image67
      Lady Guinevereposted 9 years agoin reply to this

U R all forgetting that Christ did NOT like the Church much less married one!  Jesus said That God and His Kingdom R Within you, The church teaches it as Outside of u.

6. Craan profile image76

Faith is the evidence of things hoped for and not seen. The Truth is all around you JMcFarland. You must believe in your heart. How would you explain your existance. You feel the wind, but can't see it. The same goes for electricity, you can feel it.

7. JMcFarland profile image69

The argument from ignorance is a logical fallacy.   It does not prove any God,  let alone a specific one.   You said you had evidence.   The burden of proof is on you.

8. Link10103 profile image61
      Link10103posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I guess tornados and lightning storms dont count as wind and electricity then.

9. Craan profile image76

Your lack of faith in Jesus and the Gift of the Holy Spirit you expound in your heart is mesmerizing, JMcFarland! It's impossible for me to argue the existence of God with you, because God exists and He is. It’s simple, you must entirely believe!

10. JMcFarland profile image69

But saying he exists isn't worth anything if you can't demonstrate it.   You know nothing of my heart,  Craan,  and if you do not have evidence as you claimed,  it is an outright lie to say you do. Please don't presume to think you know me.

11. Craan profile image76

Oh, but I Do know God! The Holy Spirit Lives in My Heart! And If He lived in YOURS, You would agree with me JMcFarland and not be perverting the Gospel of Christ. Therefore, on this Ground I have Every Right to Judge You. I am Sorry!

12. JMcFarland profile image69

No you have no right to judge a complete stranger simply for not believing your assertions without evidence.   Anyone can say anything,  but without real,  demonstrable proof there is no reason for anyone to believe you. Learn abt the burden of proof

13. Craan profile image76

The proof is in the Bible. You must study to show yourself approved JMcFarland and meet Christ every Sunday at the Lord's Table. Over Time Your Heart will Grow to Love God.

14. Robert the Bruce profile image60
      Robert the Bruceposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Craan, I feel genuine pity for you. I used to be like you but have since been freed. Your mind is totally entrapped with this irrational and immoral delusion. I hope reason will free your mind at some point.

15. Craan profile image76

I hope NOT Robert, because, I would be damned. A Person’s Conscious can’t rationalize God's Existence. I totally have confidence in the God I serve. I can't wait to meet the Lord at the His Supper Every Sunday.

16. JMcFarland profile image69

Yeah I've read the Bible.   In Greek,  Hebrew,  Latin and English.   I studied it in college.   There is no reason to believe it's true.   Am I correct in assuming that a) you have not and b) you cannot provide a valid reason?

17. Craan profile image76

I believe the Bible is complete and absolutely true! It's amazing you have read so many versions of the Bible and speak so many languages JMcFarland and still do not believe! May I ask you, if I may, Have You Been Baptized for the Remission of Sins?

18. JMcFarland profile image69

I used to be a Christian missionary.   I went to Bible college.   Studying the Bible made me no longer believe it was true.   Again,  you do not get to judge a complete stranger that you know nothing about.

19. Craan profile image76

But, If you turned your back on God, JMcFarland at this point I can truthfully say you are no longer saved. I pray you will have a change of heart and come back to the Flock of Christ.

20. JMcFarland profile image69

Yeah,  and I don't care what your opinion or your belief is without any kind of actual evidence to back it up. Saying something and believing it does not make it true.   It doesn't appear that you know how to present your faith,  let alone defend it

21. Robert the Bruce profile image60
      Robert the Bruceposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I've been down the road of "Believe/have faith FIRST and evidence will be provided." It's not exactly true. You many believe with all your heart, but no ACTUAL EVIDENCE is provided. When you ASSUME the Bible is true, that counts for evidence somehow.

22. Craan profile image76

What Kind of Evidence are you looking for JMcFarland, Because I see the evidence of God all around me. And pardon me, if I have not been able to convince you.

23. JMcFarland profile image69

if you "see the evidence" all around you, you are using a logical fallacy called "argument from ignorance"  You can't imagine how it's possible without a god, therefore god did it.  It's fallacious reasoning.  It's not logical, and that's not evidenc

24. Craan profile image76

I do not believe you, JMcFarland! God Exists and you disrespected Him by not capitalizing His Name. God the Father, God the Holy Spirit and God the Son or Jesus Christ are Eternal and Jesus Created All things.

4. celafoe profile image55
    celafoeposted 9 years ago

HE died that  "whosoever will" could have a way to salvation.     I think this question will probably cause some confusion  because, yes in the end only HIs church  (the true believers AND FOLLOWERS will enter the kingdom of God.
    Scripture clearly states that there is only one way to enter the kingdom--- through the man Christ Jesus.

1. Craan profile image76

There is no confusion, when you think about it Celafoe. Christ gave His Life's Blood for His Church, The Church of Christ. You must be a part of Christ's Church to be in God the Father's Kingdom. Every denominational church teaches damnable doctrines

2. Perspycacious profile image63
      Perspycaciousposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I believe I know the answer, but how would you resolve what happens to those who have never been made aware of the Gospel?

3. Craan profile image76

Those who have not been made aware ot Jesus' Gospel or who do not follow the laws of Christ will suffer eternal punishment, Perspycacious.

4. Perspycacious profile image63

If that is the lot of those who have never been made aware of the Gospel (and I believe that is not their fate) then member's of Christ's church are condemned also for not sharing the Gospel with them as we have been commanded to do.

5. Craan profile image76

You're absolutely right, Perspycacious! I could lose my salvation, if I refuse to enlighten someone about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. See Acts 2:38.

6. Perspycacious profile image63

Those who have no knowledge of the Gospel in mortality will be taught in the spirit world and  can choose to accept baptism or not.  None will enter the Celestial Kingdom where God and Christ dwell, save by and through Christ.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)