jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

If you believe in magic does this make one evil in the eyes of a religious perso

1. chuckandus6 profile image77
    chuckandus6posted 2 years ago

If you believe in magic does this make one evil in the eyes of a religious person?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12347907_f260.jpg

2. Titen-Sxull profile image88
    Titen-Sxullposted 2 years ago

When I was a child my Father, who was a fundamentalist, warned us about the occult. Anything from dark imagery around Halloween to episodes of Scooby Doo were considered dangerous and seen as contrary to God.

I can remember seeing some older kids on my street playing with Magic the Gathering cards and being warned to stay away from them as they might let very real demonic entities in. As a kid I had received some Pokemon cards as a gift from a friend only to have them confiscated by my Father for having a kind of Pokemon that were "PSYCHIC" and thus tied to the occult and the Devil.

There are verses in the Bible which compel people to stone witches and mediums who speak to the dead.

So to sum up yes, to some (usually fundamentalist) Christians the use of Magic is seen as evil or tied to the Devil. While today the religious cannot get away with torturing or executing those who practice these arts there are still those superstitious enough to see practitioners of Magic as evil.

chuckandus6posted 2 years agoin reply to this

My husband loves magic the gathering never considered that part of it.  I.am fascinated by the possibility of magic. But I do believe.good answer

3. Lady Guinevere profile image60
    Lady Guinevereposted 2 years ago

Well after you had picked a Best Answer I come along.  lol 
    All religion has rituals and if anyone else has a ritual that they don't approve of then it is evil.
    Same rituals are:
    Alters, Prayers, One God(s), Worship of things and spirits God etc.  Sacred places and such. Changing liquids such as water to blood and using wine or grape juice...magic...

That just seems so wrong, that people that believe in God could be so judgemental of others.I.believe in being nice to others and even if not agreeing with them, respecting their beliefs and interests.

4. feenix profile image60
    feenixposted 2 years ago

I strongly believe in magic and reason why I do is I am a devout Christian. I mean, like, how can I not believe in magic -- when I believe that such things as the Immaculate Conception and Holy Resurrection actually happened.

Good points feenix

5. MonkeyShine75 profile image75
    MonkeyShine75posted 2 years ago

Magic is real, and it's a spiritual gift that can be developed like any gift. I have practiced it myself, and will continue to.
    It's not wrong.
    What people do with their gifts is what makes it sacred or evil, not the magic itself. You can use a hammer to drive nails, or to break things
    All things emanate from God,

Good answer Mara

2. MonkeyShine75 profile image75
      MonkeyShine75posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Nichol

working