jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Do you think religion is commercialize in today's society?

1. Rakim Cheeks profile image60
    Rakim Cheeksposted 2 years ago

Do you think religion is commercialize in today's society?

2. Jan Lova profile image60
    Jan Lovaposted 2 years ago

Yes. Churches compete against private businesses to provide venues for conferences and other activities, then get to write them off as tax-free expenses.

Rakim Cheeksposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I agree. You have a lot of churches going against and competing with each other. Great answer. Also, if you would follow me on hub pages. I'm trying to bulid my audience

3. Stephen J Lawson profile image60
    Stephen J Lawsonposted 2 years ago

Don't you think the fact that you have to ask that question answers that question?

Rakim Cheeksposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Yes, the question is entitled to everyone's opinions and thoughts. For example, now and days, you have a lot of churches that have some churches for popularity contests to gain more members or money. It's a fact Stephen! And it's the truth!

4. profile image57
    Norine Williamsposted 2 years ago

Yes!  I see "denominations" as "spin-offs" from Catholicism! Catholic is the "government religion" in the US!  They have the authority to make decisions as to the interpretation of Scripture, (which they try to do without "stepping on anyone's toes,") and to change the wording in Scripture to align with their interpretation or belief!  Anyone can see what's being done, notice the amount of money being made; and consequently jump on the band wagon, seeking fame and fortune!  But God is getting "tired" of people "playing church!" 

Most preachers/teachers don't care about saving souls!  They are "spin offs;" therefore, they will mislead believers using Scripture to "maintain membership" or soothe "itching ears."  II Timothy 4:3-4 says "For the time will come when they "will not endure sound doctrine" but, after their own lusts, shall they heap to themselves teachers, having "itching ears;" (v4) And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables."  And this is precisely where we are today!

Spin-offs from Catholicism have existed so long and the "tradition" of  "men" has been instilled into us from "generation to generation" that we have become "brainwashed" and believe it's true!  We are as slaves, following "ignorance" generation after generation!

As the Federal government needs an "overhaul" (for we still operate under laws created for the 1700's), you need to "study Scripture" for an "overhaul" and pray for revelation that is "truly according to God's Word!"

Everyone says "We live under the New Covenant," but most don't know when, where, or how the New Covenant began!  Do they care?  No!  They just go along with "commercialized religion" trying not to "offend" anyone, missing the chance for salvation, generation after generation!  Is this what you want for your children?

Since "most" have been "brainwashed," any "truth" (since differs from your belief) that goes against what you have been "taught," will most likely come across as  "a lie," "ignorant," "misinterpreted," etc., but ALL should do as they did in Acts 17:11.  "Study Scripture to see if my posts are true!" 

Truth hurts! But only those who tell "truth" cares!  That's why it says in Hebrews 4:12 "For the word of God is living, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." "Dying" to Jesus is hard!