jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

When will people finally realize that God and religion aren't synonymous and tha

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

When will people finally realize that God and religion aren't synonymous and that God is

beyond all religious limitations and petty religious, ethical judgements?

2. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 2 years ago

As people evolve (we are relatively young in the grand cosmic scheme of things) it would be expected we would mature.  At some point, as I grew older I stopped believing in things like the tooth fairy that I had convinced myself as a child must be very real - after all that dollar got under my pillow somehow!  At that point in my development, a tooth fairy totally made sense, so that was my reality.  As I matured, I of course realized there were more plausible explanations.

As humanity grows older and makes more discoveries we'll see that "God" is not some being out there controlling us and judging us like a man would control pieces on a chess board etc.  To have greater understanding though, we have to mature beyond our more rudimentary levels of knowledge.  There is just so much for us to discover yet.  The idea we might do it is so exciting, look how many leaps and bounds we've taken just in the last century for example.

1. Soraya Gazzaz profile image58
      Soraya Gazzazposted 2 years agoin reply to this

A belief isn't a matter of maturity.. lets put God on a side, you believe in your dad right or mother or sister or whoever. Believing in them doesn't make you immature. You believe that dream come true or in Science..

2. ChristinS profile image95
      ChristinSposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Yes what you tend to believe does come with maturity - do you still believe in the tooth fairy? but you likely did as a child.  With age comes wisdom and different perspectives. Humanity itself is aging and will come to new understandings in time.

3. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 2 years ago

God isn't synonymous with religion, but god is dependent upon religion. Our knowledge, for all deities, is derived from religious stories and teachings. Take those away and god vanishes with them.

4. Michael-Milec profile image59
    Michael-Milecposted 2 years ago

" When will people realize... " - great introductory question, when will people realize that 'the God' as is popularly called in English language IS. He is a spiritual being known as the Light, the Word, the Life, the creator of the universe, all wisdom , power and might independently, supreme ruler apart of man-made religion, philosophy or any innovated theory to put him into  humanly controlled box.
    You are right, God and religion aren't synonymous, never will be, since the greatness of  His existence is unfathomable, eternal.