jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Why is it that some people can stay calm even though the storms may be raging ar

1. peetbernadis profile image61
    peetbernadisposted 2 years ago

Why is it that some people can stay calm even though the storms may be raging around them?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12569980_f260.jpg

2. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

Compartmentalization!
    Having the ability to think about or focus on the things you want to focus on rather than having outside forces dictate what your forcus.
    People who can compartmentalize have the ability to ignore the storm surrounding them. They don't worry about what may happen but instead just deal with the very moment they're in. "Living in the NOW".
    Some people however consider this ability as "living in denial" or "avoiding their problems". However to operate under pressure one has to be able to block out all the "noise" or "distractions" to be effective. You have to be a little delusional to accomplish greatness.
    The only alternative is to allow yourself to become paralyzed with stress, negativity, and worry over what may or may not happen.
    Now is all that matters until the next moment arrives.
    The difference between success and failure is how one handles stress. The rainbow always comes after the storm.
    "Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow. It empties today of its strength." - Corrie Ten Boom

peetbernadisposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I guess each one of us has that unique way in which we deal with our Goliaths or whatever we may choose to call them. Most important to remember I guess is that we cannot run away from what we don't like or cause us discomfort. Face up to it...now!

3. connorj profile image76
    connorjposted 2 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12572491_f260.jpg

An old saying/quote comes to mind; it is anonymous. Anyways it gives me great comfort and calmness to remember this, "Lack of fear is the beginning of calmness." I hope this helps...
    No fears,
    John

peetbernadisposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Yes, John I also remember else from a very important Book...it says "Even though I may go through the valley of death, I shall have no fear...for Thou is with me...

2. connorj profile image76
      connorjposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Indeed...

4. profile image57
    Norine Williamsposted 2 years ago

JESUS!

Isaiah 26:3-4 "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, WHOSE MIND IS STAYED ON THEE, because he TRUSTETH IN THEE. Trust ye in the LORD forever; for in the LORD (GOD) is everlasting STRENGTH."

BELIEVE!

working