jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Personal suffering is objectively worthy of celebration, and subjectively of des

1. RLWalker LM profile image76
    RLWalker LMposted 2 years ago

Personal suffering is objectively worthy of celebration, and subjectively of despair?

In suffering we attempt to get a grip on ourselves. Clutch onto awareness. Summon our pride. Tally up reason, perception and thought. We come alive and take ownership of the experience of pain and that is how we "accept" it in maturity.

When a certain pain threshold is reached, we sprint in the opposite direction. All is abandoned in haste as one does his possessions in a consuming fire. Suddenly we objectify pride, motives, actions, and consciousness, but with as much effort as futility, until finally we collapse into complete and total humility and that is how we "receive" the pain.

2. cheaptrick profile image72
    cheaptrickposted 2 years ago

And that is why wisdom comes to those who suffer well.Pain is a teacher exalted above all others because she burns so deeply and so cleanly into our souls the lessons of human existence...which may or may not exist outside of our selves.We are solitary beings,everyone else is nothing more than a figment of our imaginations."There is no pain you are receding;a distant ships smoke on the horizon"...

1. manatita44 profile image84
      manatita44posted 2 years agoin reply to this

A beautiful answer to a great question, cheaptrick. JL we receive the Light from Adversity, or wisdom from the experience. Only when human capacity ends. Where then is this free will? Food for thought. Hari Om!

2. profile image56
      Norine Williamsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Man: There is no "free will" for those who have received the gift of the Holy Spirit ("in Christ Jesus") for He (Jesus) "leads & guides us!" 

But for those "not in Christ, "free will" does exist. (Joshua 24:15="CHOOSE" = choice or "free will!")

3. RLWalker LM profile image76
    RLWalker LMposted 2 years ago

The question is my interpretation of a spiritual talk I watched on youtube yesterday and by no means my own wisdom.

In brief summary, a brilliant teacher speaks about a background subjectivity that is the self and God of the worlds spiritual traditions and religions. Although this is already known to many viewers and not the subject of the video. Then also speaks of another subject in the foreground which is never mentioned in spiritual teachings and the subject of the video.

He shows the viewer an old Indian painting that depicts an old Indian myth. The image is of a female god (kali I think) standing over the body of the primary male god shiva, with sword in hand and a severed head in the other, and a few other details, but I'll be brief instead.

He explains that the true meaning of the image is not what is tolled by the myth. That the primary god did not play dead in order to stop the rampage of the violent female god, but was instead struck unconscious and incapacitated by her.

He then explains that every person, no matter who or what they are, at some point in their life, and in most cases towards the very end, will encounter this event. That no matter what state of consciousness a person has attained, even the greatest spiritual masters, at that time will succumb to the rampage of this female god, or the foreground I, and no state of oneness, or the ultimate or whatever can help you. That the purpose of this event is to finally and to absolution, remove all trace of the ego in preparation for your passing. That it's purpose is to humble you, and the only thing you should do when you inevitably encounter it, is to humble yourself as much as possible and approach in an attitude of service.

He mentioned that this is what is known as judgement day in the western religions. He gave only one example and to my surprise it was the crucifixion of Jesus. That when he was said to have cried out in a loud voice, "my god why have you forsaken me", this was his encounter and he was genuinely suffering.

Ofcourse there's still things I don't quite understand, especially about how and why one is prepared and "balanced" as it was put before passing on, and ofcourse what passing on actually means.

But from my own experience of the threshold of psychological pain, what I described in the question is what I felt and observed.

4. profile image56
    Norine Williamsposted 2 years ago

RL, no matter what you study, (In addition to "proof" provided when one accepts GOD is GOD and since it seems impossible that no one can provide a book with as many ACCURATE prophecies as the Bible), one will eventually (hopefully not upon passing) come to the realization that MY GOD is REAL!  Others have "copied," but who can deny that we were created "in His image" as "spirit" in a body and reconciliation (upon passing) is inevitable.  "That the purpose of this event is to finally and to absolution, remove all trace of the ego in preparation for your passing. That it's purpose is to humble you, and the only thing you should do when you inevitably encounter it, is to humble yourself as much as possible and approach in an attitude of service."  This statement in itself is the beginning of a relationship with GOD!  All that "prevents" one from this is given in I John 2:16 which says "For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is NOT of the Father, but is of the world." 

Until one "humbles" oneself (II Chronicles 7:14) "...as much as possible (Holy Spirit helps for we (flesh) can't do "anything" alone as with New Year's Resolutions) and approach in an attitude of service" then we can in NO WAY "please God"  (Read Romans Chapter 8)!

Yes, "pain" is a sign of "maturity!"  If "taught" WORD versus "understanding" WORD or having WORD'S meaning "revealed" by the Holy Spirit, there is NO GROWTH or CHANGE (II Corinthians 3:18 "from glory to glory")!  To remain "complacent" shows no signs of Disciples of Christ!  Hebrews 4:12 says that the WORD OF GOD is "...sharper than a two edged sword..." and as such "hurts" or creates "pain" when one is CONCRETE in "teachings" or "interpretations!" 

I'm running out of space and I find your questions in your response to be more pressing than the initial question so for lack of space, I will address those.  "How and why one is prepared and "balanced" as it was put before passing on, and of course what passing on actually means."

""How and why (Eternal life) one is prepared and "balanced?" "Prepared & balanced?"  Follow Apostles:  (Acts 2:42; Galatians 1:6-9) which is AFTER THE CROSS or the "Initial Church" in Acts Chapter 2 (and thereafter) was established!

"..what passing on actually means."  "Reconciliation" (I Corinthians 15:24-58; II Corinthians 5:18-19; Romans 5:9-10; Colossians 1:20) to the CREATOR (if in Christ) or "The Lake of Fire" (Hell), (if not)!

working