Can you reconcile Christianity and Psychic mediums? Or are they mutually exclus

1. annasmom profile image77
    annasmomposted 2 years ago

Can you reconcile Christianity and Psychic mediums?  Or are they mutually exclusive?

I recently read a book about Edward Cayce.  I also love to watch television mediums like John Edward and Theresa Caputo.  Is this a conflict if I am Christian?  I also grew up in a Native American community and have some spiritual centers around Native beliefs.  Do you think you can be a Christian in good faith and have other beliefs as well?

2. profile image0
    LoliHeyposted 2 years ago

You may not like what I am about to say but I am going to be blunt and break it down for you.  The bible specifically says to NOT contact mediums and the spirit world.  Here is why.  All dead people go to either one of two places: Heaven or Hell.  They do not hang around here.  There are millions of invisible demons everywhere and they are always watching us, and they know all about our history and lives.  These demons contact these "mediums" and pose as spirits of the dead, tricking them into thinking they are talking to real people.  But they are not.  Many fall into this trap, including the mediums and psychics themselves.  You are NOT talking to your dead grandmother--you are talking to a demon!  Also, you CANNOT be a Christian in good faith and have other beliefs as well.  What other beliefs?  Reincarnation?  Nah.  Many paths lead to God?  No way.  Jesus says He is the ONLY way to God.  Read the bible, it is all there.  You're either with God or against Him; one cannot serve two masters.  They will either hate one and love the other.  Whatever is not of God, is of the devil.  There is a lot of deception in the world--the devil is very good at what he does.

3. annasmom profile image77
    annasmomposted 2 years ago

So confused by the picture you use to identify yourself!  Also, if God is omnipotent, his ability to accept, love, forgive is infinite and above our understanding.  Also, New Testament teaches that we are saved by our acceptance of Christ as our savior, nothing more....Also have a hard time believing that God would create other cultures only to condemn them.  Yeah, I think the devil lurks in your picture, sorry.