jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

If you were God...

1. profile image0
    LoliHeyposted 2 years ago

If you were God...

Hypothetical, two part question.  Please answer both.

Part A:  You have been given the opportunity to create your own world, with your own creatures.  Your creatures will have free will.  You love them and play with them daily.

Question:  What rules do you establish for your creatures to ensure their safety and serve their best interest?

Part B:  If you've established rules, after some time, it becomes apparent that your creatures do not have any respect for those rules.  They think the rules are restrictive and they break them.  What action do you take?  What if they don't listen?

2. getitrite profile image80
    getitriteposted 2 years ago

First, before I created any beings, I would make sure that I knew how to do it. I'm supposing that since I have the ability to create a society of beings, I must also be super-intelligent. I would allow them to evolve in stages, and they would figure out which actions are conducive to survival and which things aren't.
    Second question:  I would make NO RULES. As I stated in the first answer...my creatures would evolve to figure it out...in stages. Rules are subjective, and given time, the creatures would figure out what works best for them.
    The last three sentences of your question are kind of leading. Its implying that somehow I can revoke free will, which you stated as a condition in the first part. Then you assume that I should feel hurt, and punish my creation, even after knowing that I made them this way. If anyone should be punished, it should be MYSELF. Punishing them would be the most unjust thing to do... and would suggest that I don't have the emotional maturity to accept responsibility for my own mistakes.

1. profile image0
      LoliHeyposted 2 years agoin reply to this

No rules?  If a creature killed others, would you just let him get away with it?  What about the victim's family?  Wouldn't letting them fend for themselves be heartless?

2. getitrite profile image80
      getitriteposted 2 years agoin reply to this

There are no rules. In the real world of nature there is no such thing as justice. Humans conceptualized justice..a perception that varied from region to region. It appears that there are no gods waiting to punish&reward but rather a God who left

3. profile image0

So you would leave your creatures?  There is always justice.  No one is going to sit by and just accept that something horrible happened.  People need to take responsibility for their actions.

4. getitrite profile image80
      getitriteposted 2 years agoin reply to this

What you are stating is the perception from your human brain and years of indoctrination. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS JUSTICE IN NATURE. Rules were not given to man by God. Rules were given to God by men..then there is Reality. Step outside the box

3. aguasilver profile image81
    aguasilverposted 2 years ago

For once I think Getitrite is mostly correct!

However, your question (and therefore the answer) is missing one equation, that being the rogue rebel who seems to be featured in the scenario.

Like Getitrite I assume I have total power and authority, so I must presume that I allowed or created this rebel to challenge my precepts and lead my creation astray, to contest my decision to allow my creation free choice.

So I must have wanted them to have to choose either my way or the rebels way..... I may even have made it that way so that I could be sure that those I kept with me eternally really wanted to be with me, because they chose to be, and rejected the ways of the rebellious enemy.

So yes, my fault  for creating a rebel to harass my creation, but their fault for choosing to join the rebellion rather than choose my ways.

1. profile image0

Right, but the alternative is to not let them have free will at all, so they can't make wrong decisions.  If one creature viciously killed others, wouldn't you have to punish it somehow?  And yet God did that and took the punishment onto Himself.

working