jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Can you distinguish between the Holy Spirit's voice and the devil's voice?

1. Eldercurk profile image80
    Eldercurkposted 2 years ago

Can you distinguish between the Holy Spirit's voice and the devil's voice?

2. profile image0
    LoliHeyposted 2 years ago

That would be a hard one to do.  Because the devil has many tricks, and can disguise himself as an angel of light.  I would say that if the voice goes against anything in scripture, it is not coming from God.  You'd have to test it.  I would definitely pray on it.

Eldercurkposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Yes definitely, I've experience hearing both he devil and the Spirit at the same time.

3. cheaptrick profile image73
    cheaptrickposted 2 years ago

The nuances in processing voices through the variant areas of the brain as well as psychological coloration preclude a 100% probability of trusting the origin of any voice...
    I(However)have come up with a sure fire way of instantly knowing by following one simple fact...
    Are you ready!
    Here it is!
    Only Trust Voices From People Who Like Big Butts!!
    They Cannot LIE!

Eldercurkposted 2 years agoin reply to this

LOL

2. profile image0
      LoliHeyposted 2 years agoin reply to this

You other brothers can't deny...

3. profile image56
      Norine Williamsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Elder Curtis: What can of "Elder" r u (re: LOL)?  An old man & not a man of GOD?
      Another one just "going alone with the flow?"

4. SpiritusShepherd profile image60
    SpiritusShepherdposted 2 years ago

I believe you should go directly to Scripture if you want to hear from God. "All Scripture is God-Breathed" (1 Timothy 3:16) why torture yourself by wondering if the voice you hear is from the Holy Spirit or the Devil? Do not trust in the thoughts of your mind, or the feelings from your heart, for these are fleeting and constantly changing. Instead, put your trust in the Word of God, that never changes, but remains the same and will never pass away.

working